My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Baclofen is as effective as diazepam in the treatment of AWD. There's a link to it in the Consolidated. Bac Info thread. I think it's the study by Adollorato (sp?). Can't' post the link for you easily from my phone browser.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Thanks! That makes me feel better. I was thinking that it helps with the morning shakes on it's own after I took my morning dose. It is finally starting to sort of sedate me at 10mg/day, maybe last nights dose stacked with this mornings.

There seems to be more to this medication than I thought.
      Check out my Baclofen journey at http://baclofen4addiction.blogspot.com

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Hey do you guys know where to get a chart like this chart at baclofen-forum.com
        I signed up and the site is in german but I couldn't find a place to register for my own.
        I guess I could make one when i'm feeling better, pretty handy in PHP but don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Also I feel dumb that I named my blog Baclofen4Addiction when there is already a site called Baclofen4Alcoholism : might redo that.

Oh! and I haven't drank yet and it's past noon.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

I made it to 2:46(PM!) today. Starting on 1 quart of some nasty malt liquor that tastes of high fructose corn syrup :disgustingAll I could manage to get money for).

I think I'll stick to only buying what I don't like drinking to make the experience less enjoyable

I really didn't even feel bad withdrawal or as though I HAD to have this. At least being broke does slow me down a lot, though tomorrow is payday and I am pretty sure i'll be fine.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

just chiming in here, tim, to say that we're rooting for you! keep posting, it will be helpful to you and to others.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Cool! I'm feeling selfish by posting so much but I want to and if it helps others i'll keep doing it.

I finished 2 quarts of this 8% malt liquor over a course of 3hrs(started at 2:40ish ended at 6:40ish) That is still a great improvement. Something is causing me to get more drowsy effects and not my usual euphoric/stimulant effect from drinking which causes me to drink faster and get more intoxicated. I did very much enjoy the drinking but it was very much under control.

I'll be making an evening post on my blog after I take my evening Baclofen but figured i'd post here as well.

BTW I like your Gorillaz reference in your sig I'm not into poppy/rap style stuff but that group stuck with me

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Hi Tim! It sounds like you are off to a wonderful start and that you have a great girlfriend!

I think it's really funny that you have a web domain that is so similar to Dr. Phil's. It's a good name for a website, so there isn't really a need for you to change it, IMO. Checked out your website and it's really nice. It will be much appreciated by you as you continue your journey to look back and be able to see such a detailed account. It will also be very helpful to anyone else coming behind you. I know that I used to read everything I could get my hands on.

Incase you didn't find the link about withdrawals, here it is:
                http://www.urbanfool.us/MWO/addolorato.pdf

Please Be cautious about withdrawing though, as you probably will be.

Keep up with the good work. :goodjob:

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Thanks for the article link.
                  I swore I wrote a post about me wanting to change the name once I found Dr Phil's Baclofen4Alcoholism site but I can't find the post. Maybe I deleted it or didn't actually post it.

I think i'll leave it as it is, he'll be understanding that I wasn't trying to copy him or will be flattered Possibly I saw his site and then the b4a thing stuck in my mind without realizing it. Ah well it's just a blog so I won't worry.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Hey Tim,

I think when I said that it was funny that your website address was so similar it didn't really come out right. I was just getting a little laugh about thinking of Dr. Phil finding out that someone has a web domain that is so close to his website.

I did read that you mentioned changing your site and I was replying to that by saying you should keep it the same.

Evey

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Hey no prob! I understood it fine
                      I'm having 1 problem that I'm not sure is related to Bac. I was laying in bed this morning pondering getting out and I was laying in my side without something between my legs. Anyway somehow I pulled the muscle or pulled my leg out of socket where it connects to the hip at the top of the leg, it was the leg opposite of the side I was laying on so it like pulled out from the hip. If that makes sense.

I was thinking maybe the muscle relaxing effects allowed me to lay in a way to f'd up my leg because now I can barely walk or lift that leg to get in and out of the car. I'm pretty much in shape and a young man so this is new to me. If I move it wrong at all it has like a shooting pain so I think it is pulled or dislocated in some way and will work it's way out.

Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar happen to them or if it is unrelated.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

I've been drinking and starting on a second quart of 8% alcohol. But I don't really want to drink though I feel I need to but don't need to and it's hard to explain. I think I will take 10mg baclofen since it seems my morning dose wore off hours ago. I have been awake since 5am which is when I took my morning dose and it is now almost 2pm. I just can't wait until bed time to take another 5mg so I took 10mg just now.

I really want to stick to the doc's schedule but I feel that the more often and higher Baclofen doses help me curb my drinking. I really don't want to run out so I guess I'll tell him. It is Dr.L BTW.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

I also want to admit that I have been using 2-5tsp of high grade kratom(mild opiate herb that is legal in US) through near out of that and some of this uncomfortable could be related to slight withdrawal from that. I don't have enough to take another tsp today or i'll be out before my next order. I have been tapering off of that too.

Basically I am trying to taper on 2 substances and taking the baclofen so I am confused as to what uncomfortable effect is coming from what. I did tell Dr.L that I was taking a mild opiate and he said I will slow down on that as well as this process goes on.

Dr. L said to keep drinking as I am upping my dose but the problem is am a dangerous drunk and will hurt people I love. I didn't really explain this to him but I really wish to avoid the danger and embarrassment.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

hey tim,

it sounds like you're doing great. the drinking is going down (in amt, not your throat, tho that too, and that's okay).

i encourage you to post away. it's not selfish, it's an important part of your journey, and that is what your thread is for.

i'll be keeping my eye on you, so keep giving me and all these wonderful others something to read!

~ rudy

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

thank you for responding. I have this thread set to let me know when I get responses and I work from home and am on the computer like 10 hours of the day or I am wandering around weird places.

I think the baclofen has calmed me down a bit. I do have much alcohol in the fridge due to it being payday but I am drinking slowly. I am afraid of what I will do since as I said I am a violent drunk which also causes problems with myself since I get my ass kicked as well as kicking other's asses. It really is a bad deal so I would rather be hardcore sedated than doing my usual actions and I think baclofen could help.

I'll try to update this and my blog often due to it being a weekend.

Comment

My Baclofen Blog/Journal

Hey Tim,

I think what Dr L was getting at when he said drink normally was that baclofen will work whether or not you drink. In a lot of cases, this makes it perfect, because it's not always a choice. You may start to notice a decrease in your consumption soon, but then again, you may not - baclofen affects us all differently on the way up, but the same in the end.

I had strange aches and pains on my titration as well. Nothing to be too alarmed about, and hopefully it will soon disappear.

I understand your frustration with the slow titration, but within reason, it makes sense. You can perhaps go a little quicker, but I wouldn't use feeling the effects of the tablets wearing off as your gauge to take more. You'll want to stay at each level for at least 4 days, so if you really want to go quicker, what you would change would be the amount you increase by, not the periods at each level.

Comment

Working...
                                X