JUST GOT MY BACLOFEN! some questions, however

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i just got my shipment. the pills are 25 mg so i split one in half. I don't really feel anything except maybe a little less anxious, which is good!

Was wondering if it would be ill-advised to take another dose. Or should I stick with the 12 or so mg from the half pill for now. I don't have anywhere to go tonight or drive or anything.

Any opinions? Experiences of relevance?

Thanks!
    Indifference 350 on 9/20/11. Titrated down to 180 got the cravings. Titrated back up to mid-300's and all Hades broke loose. Hope to get better.

"if i can't dance, it's not my revolution - sister Emma Goldman

Most people start at between 5-15mg per day for the first 3-7 days. Many people have had bad experiences when they tried to rush it. I just started a few days ago, and it's not like it hits you like a benzo would, it's gonna be more subtle. (At least in my experience.)
    And congrats on getting started!
    Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
    George Santayana

Comment

yea, from everything i've read, it sounds like trial and error and that it varies greatly from person to person. i was just thinking since the 12.5 mg isn't causing any troubles, i should try another dose. i took the first dose a couple hours ago.

curiously, where are you on your titration schedule?
      Indifference 350 on 9/20/11. Titrated down to 180 got the cravings. Titrated back up to mid-300's and all Hades broke loose. Hope to get better.

Comment

Hey, TX!
        :welcome:

I'm the queen of slow and easy, but the old titration schedule (from lo those many months ago) started at 30mg/day.

If the GMT+6 guys were here, they'd say go for it. (It's late. They're in bed. I dunno what's gotten into me! :H)

(Glad you posted a thread, easy to miss otherwise!)

Comment

I'm the king of fast and hard, which is how i got where i am today. lol.
          So you did 30 with little to no problem? How did you space them out throughout the day. I just went ahead and took the rest of the 25 mg.
          Thanks for the info.

Comment

I'm on day 4, taking 30 mg's per day. I started at 15 and am increasing by 15 mg's every 3 days.
            George Santayana

Comment

Hi Slinger,

I just posted on another thread about this in response to your post, and was regretting my response, where I said take it easy, sort of. I'm glad to see you went for it.

I'd stick to 25mg's for a couple of days, let your brain adjust to the whole thing, then go up at about 20mg's at a time, giving it a few days between each level. If you find you cope well with baclofen, I reckon the best way to go up quicker is to jump by more than 20, but it's fairly important to have a few days at each level so your brain adjusts. This is the cautious approach. There are others, which it seems you may venture into. The trick is to be consistent about it, whichever you choose.

Good luck.

Comment

Yep, +1 to Bleep's advice. Just be aware that side effects may hit at any time. If they do, don't panic and drop your dose, just stay at it, get used to them and then up your dose again. Going up and down on your dose is a sure-fire way of messing yourself up and prolonging the titration.

Welcome btw and congrats on finding baclofen.

Woohoo! The future looks bright.

The unexamined life is not worth living

Comment

hey tx! welcome!

i saw that post where you didn't capitalize and i got all excited. yippee! a kindred spirit. then i noticed you were capitalizing, and i wonder: why?

(...don't mind me, there's a heap of back story to that reference, thoroughly discussed here on mwo. we get a little kooky in these here parts.)

so, i'm off to finish reading your new thread. (good work!) mostly, welcome to the fun! keep coming back. and keep the bac coming!

Comment

tx, listen to bleep and ne and murph and pete. they know what they're talking about.

Comment

RudyB;1136621 wrote: tx, listen to bleep and ne and murph and pete. they know what they're talking about.
                      Rudy - while I'm flattered to be lumped in with those legends, I'd have to replace me with you. :new:

But I appreciate the love :l
                      George Santayana

Comment

Hi Tx,

Initially, I placed a way too small order for Baclofen out of fear and never got over 15mgs before having to stop and wait on the next order.

The second time:

For some unknown reason, I started at 30mgs a day. All that I experienced from that was a very small sense of euphoria and then the most insightful clarity about the way that I was viewing my life. That all came about on the second day. The sense of euphoria was pretty much non existent after that.

Actually, the 30mgs made me feel better the next day than the 15mgs did.

After that, I did the increases that have been suggested to you. Going up by 20mgs each 5 days. At those levels, there were no side effects. The first side effect of insomnia came around 100mg.

Each person handles medication differently. Just wanted to let you know that you may tolerate it fine.

Comment

Hi Tx,

Initially, I placed a way too small order for Baclofen out of fear and never got over 15mgs before having to stop and wait on the next order.

The second time:

For some unknown reason, I started at 30mgs a day. All that I experienced from that was a very small sense of euphoria and then the most insightful clarity about the way that I was viewing my life. That all came about on the second day. The sense of euphoria was pretty much non existent after that.

After that, I did the increases that have been suggested to you with some slight variations. I increased from 70mg to 90mg over a 5 days but in increases of 10mg. At those levels, there were no side effects. The first side effect of insomnia started to become severe around 110mg. That's when I only started increasing by 10mgs. Make a plan and stick to it the best that you can.

Each person handles medication differently. You may tolerate it just fine though.

Comment

Hi Tx,

The second time:

After that, I did the increases that have been suggested to you with some slight variations. I increased from 70mg to 90mg over 5 days but in increases of 10mg. At those levels, there were no side effects. The first side effect of insomnia started to become severe around 110mg. That's when I only started increasing by 10mgs. Make a plan and stick to it the best that you can.

Each person handles medication differently. You may tolerate it just fine though.

Comment

Working...
                            X