Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding Campral to bac

Hello everyone,

So my bac prescribing doc seems to be interested in adding campral to my 120mg bac diet. He thinks it will help wtih cravings.

I'm not too fond of the idea, but I told him I'd look into it, and there's not much info that I've found on this subject.

Also, I know that stopping drinking and the cravings involves breaking the habit. Has anyone on bac thought about adding Nal simply for the honeymoon period where you don't want to drink, and then discontinuing after that? I feel very close to indifference on bac, so am not sure at this point whether I even need another med?

Thoughts/speculations?

Thanks
    Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
    George Santayana

Adding Campral to bac

Personally I'd cautiously give Campral a try with baclofen, since Campral did seem to help me with cravings somewhat when I took it alone. The only precaution I read about it was taking a reduced dose if someone's kidneys are impaired. From memory Campral only helps someone who is not drinking regularly, but occasional drinking or small quantities may not count. It takes about a week for Campral levels to reach maximum when it is taken daily.

The naltrexone honeymoon idea is an excellent one, and I'd say worth trying as a way of drastically cutting alcohol consumption before the honeymoon wears off. Maybe this could even be done more than once, if a person relapsed to heavy drinking. Campral could be taken while the nal was helping with reduced drinking, since an alcohol free state could possibly be achieved about the same time as Campral levels were reaching maximum, so allowing maximum Campral benefit.

Please note however that this is just my opinion and not medical advice!

Comment

Working...
    X