Going to give it one more try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all, for those of you that remember me, I have been off and on high dose BAC for a little over a year, but never hit the switch. It has been incredibly successful in helping me moderate, but for me, moderate means that I am still unable to resist that 5:00 urge to drink. The difference is I can stop at 3 or 4 instead of 10 or 12. Therefore I have come to the irreversible conclusion that I do not want to moderate, I want to abstain, I want that indifference.

So, I will be climbing up the titration hill one more time. This time I am going to seek Dr. Levin's help, could somebody provide his best contact number and best times to reach him? Thanks.

Hi Hangin!
    I am happy to see you again! Hope it works out for you this time - you deserve success

Comment

Hello Hangin,

I was in the exact boat you are over the summer. I actually did hit my switch last Feb but began dabbling with moderation, then almost forcing myself to push the limits to get drunk again. I am baffled that I let this happen, but I did. This time, I am shooting for abstinence as well.

What dose are you at now? I started titrating up again mid August and am currently at 275. I think I need a week at 300, then I will begin to go down again. I have not had a drink, nor the urge to drink for 16 days now. Effortlessly. You can get there again. There really is so much hope with this baclofen.

Good luck to Hangingon! Just make the committment and go for it. I'll be right along side you rooting for us both.
      Indifference is in your future with Baclofen. It works!

My frustration with Baclofen, which is shared by Dr. Oliver Ameisen, is that because Baclofen is an off patent medication there is no profit motive for drug companies to support clinical trials that would demonstrate its efficacy in treating addiction.

Comment

Thanks to both of you, I am currently just on a maintenance dose of 100. I will be calling Dr. Levin this week to get my script so that I can start ramping back up again. I will probably titrate up slowly over the next 4 weeks, because I will be fairly busy at work so I can't chance the brain fog SEs, but when 10/15 comes along I am going for the switch come hell or high water!

I'll start posting more regularly once I start to titrate back up again.

Comment

Working...
        X