Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Ameisen: I will no longer post on MWO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tawnyfrog;1182543 wrote: We in Ostraya believe the saying is "One shouldn't cut off their nose ..."
    Thanks for catching that Tawny. Better you than D&T, in my opinion. If she had caught it, I would have been crawling. I saw it myself, and was changing it as you were copying and pasting it. I guess I was a few minutes too late. :H

Zen, you may not like him, but much of the meds threads do. We really like him. It's not like he takes his black humor and chauvinism elsewhere. He was going to bat for me. Thanks for that Murphy.

Okay, I'm really going on my MWO hiatus. It seems I need to stop lurking for this to happen. You peeps best not talk too much stuff about me behind my back. :H

*tk, I was going to send you a PM tomorrow. I'm going to say what I want to now, so I can avoid coming on here and potentially reading. Happy Anniversary! I know it's been a year since you hit the switch. I'm thrilled for you. I hope you have many more sober and fruitful years from bac.
    This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

No probs, Red - it was fun . I think my point was, as in my reply to D&T over her "lunch mob" typo, that if you're going to be pedantic and question or correct people's spelling, you really have to cover your arse.

Sadly, I thought Murphy was the Master of Irony. Maybe he was tired :H

Comment

*hands out blankies and dummy tits*
        Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
        April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
        wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
        wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
        wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
        wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
        wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
        wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
        http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Comment

KatieSmiles;1182697 wrote: *hands out blankies and dummy tits*
          Agreed!
          Still fighting the good fight.

Comment

You people have done nothing but proven my points. I pray to God that people learn fast (like I did) and not stay here for advice. None of you are doctors. And THE doctor doesn't even want to deal with the people on MWO anymore. What does that tell you? Nothing because you still don't get it. This is shown by your STILL continued vicious posts to those seeking help. I hope that no one ends up in the hospital or dies from the advice that you all give or gave.

Comment

Murphyx;1182562 wrote: Sorry, but wtf was the point of your post? To point out that someone wrote of instead of off? Was that it? Wow, thanks so much. It really is worth taking the piss out of someone for a minor typo isn't it? Good job!

What the fuck is wrong with some of the people on this forum? Do you really have nothing better to do?

I'm just about done with you lot.
              Overreaction sir :wow:

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Seriously people. You all need to just relax a little. This site is meant for people to provide support and first hand advice to others in need. Everyone is going to have their own views on what works and what doesn't. Getting into slanging matches over one persons point of view is neither helpful or worthwhile on this forum. I am at high doses of bac with very few side effects but I recognise that this is not the case for all. Everyone will have different reactions to the drug because it is quite powerful and everyone's point of view should be accepted and respected. Bac use will not be the path forward for everyone but for those who benefit from it then it is important that they are able to post their views for others to digest and benefit from.

For those who find the side effects to be more than they can handle then they should be encouraged to cease taking the drug as soon as is safe and concentrate on other forms of self improvement that may be more beneficial for them.

The goal we all have is very similar but the path we use to get there will be very different for us all.
                I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

side. Everyone in this thread I love; let's move on and beat the beast!

It's all petty compared to alcohol!

Love,
                  LL:l
                  The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Dave_;1182731 wrote: Seriously people. You all need to just relax a little. This site is meant for people to provide support and first hand advice to others in need. Everyone is going to have their own views on what works and what doesn't. Getting into slanging matches over one persons point of view is neither helpful or worthwhile on this forum. I am at high doses of bac with very few side effects but I recognise that this is not the case for all. Everyone will have different reactions to the drug because it is quite powerful and everyone's point of view should be accepted and respected. Bac use will not be the path forward for everyone but for those who benefit from it then it is important that they are able to post their views for others to digest and benefit from.

For those who find the side effects to be more than they can handle then they should be encouraged to cease taking the drug as soon as is safe and concentrate on other forms of self improvement that may be more beneficial for them.

The goal we all have is very similar but the path we use to get there will be very different for us all.
                    Agree completely.

Comment

To those of you who already read my last post, I edited it by adding more to it. With this, I am done with MWO. I see no point to staying here or dealing with any of you. Good luck to you all.

Comment

D&T,

I am going to ask that you stay. I got a bee up my @$$ too. I left and I drank. I am here again. Please don't leave. Believe it or not we need you as much as you need us. AA meeting today focused on judging. No judge here, please. Stay here and give us shit and be done with it. Please!

LL:l
                        The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

Comment

Zenstyle;1182637 wrote: What a load of twaddle... you sound like a whinging 3 year old Murphy. I agree... you should be "done with us lot" and move on.

You are one of the most "in your face" MoFo's on MWO and you're calling someone out for taking the piss???!!! OMG.... hypocrisy at its finest. If you had spotted the "of" instead of "off" you'd have been on it like white on rice.

Feel free to leave... nobody's barring the door!
                          I have been attacked by him as well. As has MissAbby and I am sure many others if we were to take the time and read through... I am all for having fun but I have been in an abusive relationship and find this behavior very hurtful. People really need to take a step back and think about their actions. If you are not here to help or get help - why are you here?

Comment

redhead77;1182682 wrote:
                            Zen, you may not like him, but much of the meds threads do. We really like him. It's not like he takes his black humor and chauvinism elsewhere. He was going to bat for me. Thanks for that Murphy.
                            Red,
                            I know many like him but I can't believe people can ignore it when he is abusive to some of us. I am not trying to cause trouble, It just really bothers me when people are more supportive to an abuser than to the abused.

Comment

Like I said I am back!
                              WTF? why don't you look at the stops on his thread as well as the replys??? It's like moms that don't like a certain channel on the TV...THEN DON'T GO THERE!?????? Turn the frick'n TV off. GROW UP before I throw up. He has saved many of us .
                              Why am I ranting? Your Avatar speaks for itself..

LL

Comment

This thread, in my humble opinion and with as much humility as I can muster, is evidence of some very fallible human beings in untenable positions. Beginning with the very first post. Much of which was personal, and misunderstood. As has been almost everything since then.

I count among(st) you friends, comrades, fellow patriots/expats/foreign-born-types...thoughtful and insightful people, all. All with one similar goal.

The fact that we feel strongly and jump to defend/assert/impugn is no surprise.

I think you will find, as I have, that each person here has a sense of humor better than mine, a willingness to share and help that exceeds normal expectations, and a depth of thought and character unlike any group I have ever known.

I hope your day today reflects the fact that I am thankful for you collectively and individually and that I am doing whatever passes for prayer in my life that we all reach the end goal.
                                From Ameisen right on through to lady lush and whoever comes behind.
                                Peace out from a fallible former drunk chick in Virginia.

Comment

Working...
                                X