Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Ameisen: I will no longer post on MWO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zenstyle;1183024 wrote: You're right... we can't release the Dark Orchid Tart to Meds.

Sorry guys... you will have to live without her wit and wisdom... She stays with us...
    tiptronic_ct;1183025 wrote: Not to mention multi-quoter beyond compare.
    Zenstyle;1183028 wrote: Yep Tipps... and in her capacity as Trainer of Future Multi-Quoters... she is indispensable.

She stays with us.
    Recluse;1183031 wrote:
    Oh, is this the new army thread?
    Zenstyle;1183032 wrote:
    LMAO Reccie!!! Hey... shall we move to Meds?! I bet they'd welcome us with open arms!!!!!!
    :hijacked:

I think this will go down in the history of MWO as "The Great Thread-Jacking"!!!:H:H:H
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Zenstyle;1183049 wrote: A multi-quoted thread-jacking of note!

In fact... I think it was a drive-by thread jacking!!! :H
      Actually, I think it was more of a hit with a heavy firearm. And in honour of our beloved Startypants, who posted earlier and got such a chuckle out of the posts, this is who fired the weapon... "Bazooka Squirrel".:H:H:H

For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Stirly.
        The dream person amd the tooth glue person.............LOL
        and we missed the last one that was the moderator............but erased before you got there. LOL

LL
        The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Stirly,
          You blew your cover when you and I were followiing rhe same troll. Remember the dream one?
          LOL, That is when I learned what a troll was :-}

LL:l
          The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

WOW!!
            Lo0p my popcorn icon is better than your popcorn icon
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            "Alexander The Next" 's Experimental Combo Journey with TSM (Naltrexon) and Baclofen -- Progress Diary
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f20/alexander-next-s-experimental-combo-journey-tsm-naltrexon-baclofen-49307.html

Comment

I am new, so I apologize if it isn't my place to comment on such a long standing issue. However, this is a really depressing thread for someone that has first found Baclofen, the research, and is excited about the potential.

If this is Dr A, and I hope it isn't, it is difficult to consider him "cured" or even in "remission". This is clearly a moody, irritable, childish reaction. It has the tone of someone still suffering from addiction or mental ailment. Someone changing their signature should hardly warrant this response.

Likewise, all the back and forth from others has a similar tone of people not "cured" or in "maintenance".

An expression I heard a while back comes to mind - "when arguing with an idiot from far away, other people can't tell you apart".

Comment

I had a completely sane and sensible email from Dr. Ameisen just after his post here. It is very easy to get "sucked" into debates on this forum, and any forum, which, as you point out, make one look ridiculous, speaking entirely from experience.

Baclofen treats alcoholic craving. It doesn't make you grow a thick skin.
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
                X