baclofen may cause internal bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I started baclofen for the second time. My first experience was bad due to titrating too quickly (for me). I restarted about a month ago and titrated slowly up to 80mg without much trouble with blood pressure. However, I did notice I had started to have blood and mucus in my stools. This increased as my bac dose went up. I recalled that I had bleeding first time round too but it went away when I stopped baclofen. Again, it is reducing as I nitrate off it again!I then looked into this and there is evidence it can cause bleeding in those with history of peptic ulcer disease. Early onset alcoholics should read and take heed as we type B's are known to have gastric problems due to drinking from an early age I.e. heavily before age 21.

I'm due an endoscopy tomorrow - ouch! - so I will have a better idea if my hunch is right.
    I'm considering starting on pregabalin as I am definitely coming off baclofen which is a shame.

For the ones who come behind, please see this thread:
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ing-52421.html

It may help clarify the fact that baclofen may not, after all, cause internal bleeding.

Comment

Working...
    X