Terms of Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terms of Use

Just a friendly reminder of what we all agreed to when we signed on as MWO members.

Welcome! We invite you to register quickly and anonymously here at our community. Please read the following terms, and if you agree, you may participate in all the features here on the My Way Out Community Site (?the Site?), which is provided by Capalo Press and Health Sciences, Inc. ("CPHS"), publisher of the book ?My Way Out?. These terms contain important information and constitute a legally binding contract. By clicking ?I have read, and agree to abide by the Forums rules? below, you agree to abide by these Terms of Use of the Site. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
    To protect your privacy, please DO NOT use your name in the ?User Name? field on the next page. If you enter your real name as "User Name" it will appear publicly on the message board. Most members prefer to use a "nickname" or "handle". Do NOT post your email address or phone number. And please consider that this is an Internet site, so some of the information here may be indexed by search engines and found by others.
    Note: the Site DOES NOT provide medical advice. The contents of the Site are for informational purposes only. The content has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, or diagnosis and treatment of any disease. Always seek the counsel of a qualified health care provider with any questions regarding medication, nutritional supplementation, diet, exercise or other health care concerns.
    The members on the Site, as well as the employees, licensors, suppliers, agents and independent contractors of CPHS, do not directly or indirectly practice medicine or provide medical services as part of the Site. Never disregard medical advice or delay seeking medical attention because of something you have read here.
    CPHS authorizes you to view or download a single copy of the material made available on the Site solely for your personal, noncommercial use if you include the following copyright notice: ?Copyright 2006, Capalo Press and Health Sciences, Inc. All rights reserved,? You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type that would infringe or violate the rights of any third party. We reserve all our other rights and you may not sell our information, rewrite, modify it, redistribute it, or put it on your own web site, or use it for any commercial purpose without our prior written permission. The content on the Site is protected by copyright under both United States and foreign laws.
    If you are dissatisfied with the Site, or any information found thereon, or with any policies above, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site. You must agree to read the contents, products or services discussed on this Site at your own risk. CPHS assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of the Site.
    All medications discussed on the Site are sold by parties other than CPHS. CPHS, to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims all warranties of merchandise and information discussed on the Site and cannot attest to its efficacy, accuracy, reliability or safety.
    CPHS is not liable for any personal injury, including death, caused by your use or misuse of the Site or content or by any products you purchase from any links associated with the Site. In no event shall CPHS or any third parties be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, incidental and consequential damages, personal injury/wrongful death, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use or inability to use the Site or the content whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory, and whether or not CPHS is advised of the possibility of such damages.

Members who engage in inappropriate activity on this forum or in live chat are subject to immediate removal. Prohibited activities include the commercial promotion of products unless approved by the administrator, harassing of other members, posting material/engaging in sexually explicit behavior, and repetitive posting under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In addition, posts which include sexist, racist or otherwise offensive references are not allowed. Please do NOT include email addresses, copyrighted material, or private messages sent by other members within posts. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold CPHS, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, harmless against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these Terms of Use.
    Nov 1 2006 avg 100 - 120 drinks/week
    April 29 2011 TSM avg 70 - 80/wk
    wks* 1- 6: 256/1AF (avg 42.6/wk)
    wks* 7-12: 229/3AF (avg 38.1/wk)
    wks 13-18: 192/5AF (avg 32.0/wk)
    wks 19-24: 176/1AF (avg 29.3/wk)
    wks 25-30: 154/10AF (avg 25.6/wk)
    wks 31-36: 30/37AF (avg 5/wk )

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/

Terms of Use

KatieSmiles;1187136 wrote: Just a friendly reminder of what we all agreed to when we signed on as MWO members.
    Members who engage in inappropriate activity on this forum or in live chat are subject to immediate removal. Prohibited activities include the commercial promotion of products unless approved by the administrator, harassing of other members, posting material/engaging in sexually explicit behavior, and repetitive posting under the influence of alcohol or drugs. In addition, posts which include sexist, racist or otherwise offensive references are not allowed. Please do NOT include email addresses, copyrighted material, or private messages sent by other members within posts.
    I find the "repetitive posting under the influence" quite laughable since the whole purpose of the site is to help drunks undo their drunkenness. Thanks for the wonderful reminder Katie.

Comment

Terms of Use

Comment

Terms of Use

Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
        George Santayana

Comment

Terms of Use

Brilliant SP,

Just plain brilliant!

LL
          The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Terms of Use

About time for some sanity, I was seriously reconsidering my decision to post here because the site was being hijacked by people with an axe to grind for selfish purposes.
            I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Terms of Use

SlipperyPete;1187150 wrote:
              still flaming agro---I don't see anyone else continuing to post in this fashion????
              Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Terms of Use

Dave

Comment

Terms of Use

I've done my very best not to read all this nonsense. I think I've spared myself many wasted brain cycles by doing so.

As a result, I can't tell which post dave is referring to! :H

:l to all.
                  :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                  :what?:
                  sigpic
                  Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                  A Forum
                  Trolls need not apply

Comment

Terms of Use

Lo0p;1187163 wrote: I've done my very best not to read all this nonsense. I think I've spared myself many wasted brain cycles by doing so.

As a result, I can't tell which post dave is referring to! :H

:l to all.
                    All the posts.
                    I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Terms of Use

These are good suggestions too. From the link on "Forum Etiquette" at the top of the General Discussions page.

If you are like many Internet users, you probably belong to a forum or message board of some sort. And we have all seen "those" users - you know, the ones who know everything, the ones who know nothing (and constantly remind others of that fact), the ones who are fight-pickers, the ones who respond to things with one-word answers so that their post count grows - the list goes on and on. If you do not know that person, it is possible that you are that person, and should read on.

Don't be a know-it-all - Unless you actually are one!

On any given forum, there is a main theme or subject matter; a reason for the community to be there. That reason may be to learn how to write better, or to connect with others who have similar hobbies or interests, or maybe even to discuss important topics such as philosophy or religion.

On each forum, there are the "gurus", who actually know more about the subject at hand than anyone in the world, and the "noobs", who are just getting into the scene, and need help. Most everyone else falls somewhere in between.

Forums are not there so you can impress someone whom you have never met. If you can help them, please do! But if you honestly do not know the answer to someone's query, do not simply make stuff up to sound important. It is misleading and miserably annoying.

"LOL!", "PWNED!", "OH, SNAP!", "I AGREE", and "GOOD LUCK." Are NOT complete posts, and should be avoided.

We can see your username on the `who's logged in` portion of the forum screen. We know you are there. Simply posting to say something, anything, gets annoying to the members of the forum who are looking for solid, rich information on a subject. If someone posts something hilarious, like a joke or a funny picture, then maybe "LOL!" is appropriate, because nobody will have to sift through twenty one-word posts to find someone who knows what they are talking about.

The fight-pickers.
                      Ah, yes, these bozos. They are always insulting others simply to get a rise, bashing their work, opinions, or photos, and disagreeing just for the sake of doing so. Don'tbe that person, I beg of you. It does nobody any good, it hurts feelings and causes anger, and from that point forward you may be hard pressed to receive help from any of the members with real knowledge. If you can't say something nice...

The Know-nothings.
                      These users are just as annoying as the know-it-alls; in fact, maybe more so. This is the person who chimes in on a question thread with something like, "I don't know, sorry, but someone here might!" Why would anyone post this? If another user asks something you don't know, why not just stay silent, and learn from the person who posts up the actual answer? Then, the next time you encounter a similar inquiry, you might get to be the guru.

Comment

Terms of Use

Crunchy,

Gosh you just became a member in September but you have it all right! You caught on so quickly; I admire you for your keen observations! It's like you have been here forever.
                        Love your posts!

LL:l
                        The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Working...
                        X