Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people drink while taking baclofen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, I have finally been trying baclofen again for the reason others here take it, namely to cut my cravings to drink. Previous times have only involved taking it to reduce drug cravings, and a few times for alcohol but while I was detoxed.

A couple of nights ago, I took 18.75 mg (3/4 of a 25 mg pill) during the day, then drank at night. That amount of bac by itself does not normally cause me any problems. Anyway, next day I felt as if I had drank twice as much as I actually did! It was a rotten hangover, worse than most others I have had, and it went on for hours longer than I would have expected just based on the amount drank.

I'd say I will have to detox completely from alcohol then start taking baclofen while alcohol-free, as I don't see it being possible for me to mix the two. Way too much of a sedative interaction I'd say. I know that many people here have titrated up while still drinking around their usual amounts, so I must be one of the few who cannot handle doing it this way.

Anyway I just thought I'd post this in case it is of interest to anyone, not to discourage anyone!

Hi Greg,
    I found it made me drunk quicker, but I dont remember the hangovers being worse. I didnt drink on it for very long though, used willpower to abstain - not saying thats the best way to go - it's just what I did. Keep us posted!

Comment

I was just talking about this with a friend. When I just started bac and was titrating up, drinking still gave me a bit of a high, maybe even more so with the oxytocin swirling. However, after the switch, drinking doesn't automatically lift my mood. I think this is what it's like for normies, because alkies usually get much more of a lift than normal people from drinking. Since my switch, I think I've only gotten a mood lift from drinking once, and that was an ideal situation.

Hangovers can be terrible, though, and can occur without even getting drunk. They can make me feel dead on the inside, and are great motivators not to drink!
      Although I didn't have worse hangovers when I was titrating up
      Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
      George Santayana

Comment

I find the exact same thing - I guess some people get it and some don't.

'Just' three or four light beers really affects me the next day. A 'normal' night out drinking for any of my friends makes me utterly useless the next day - I can't do a thing. Unbelievable hangovers, and now without any of the heady rush (thanks to the Bac, and which I don't really miss) and even not feeling drunk at the time.
        I don't come here much anymore but you can always mail me at rotunda 2000 at hotmail dot com (no spaces). Might be able to help with Bac emergencies

Comment

Greg;1187865 wrote: Hey guys, I have finally been trying baclofen again for the reason others here take it, namely to cut my cravings to drink. Previous times have only involved taking it to reduce drug cravings, and a few times for alcohol but while I was detoxed.

A couple of nights ago, I took 18.75 mg (3/4 of a 25 mg pill) during the day, then drank at night. That amount of bac by itself does not normally cause me any problems. Anyway, next day I felt as if I had drank twice as much as I actually did! It was a rotten hangover, worse than most others I have had, and it went on for hours longer than I would have expected just based on the amount drank.

I'd say I will have to detox completely from alcohol then start taking baclofen while alcohol-free, as I don't see it being possible for me to mix the two. Way too much of a sedative interaction I'd say. I know that many people here have titrated up while still drinking around their usual amounts, so I must be one of the few who cannot handle doing it this way.

Anyway I just thought I'd post this in case it is of interest to anyone, not to discourage anyone!
          Anyway I just thought I'd post this in case it is of interest to anyone, not to discourage anyone![/QUOTE]
          Still fighting the good fight.

Comment

Greg, anything is possible. In my case, I would wake up in the morning and not be hungover (most of the time). This isn't good either. lol

Comment

Gotta, I, too, found that I was getting drunk quicker. However, this didn't last long. =(

Comment

Could you have been ill in a body-sick kind of way? I haven't noticed much difference. I drink less than I did before. I feel sedated all the time tho.
                Ginger

You are here:
                sigpic

Comment

Greg, I and others at the time felt that bac allowed us to drink beyond what we'd normally drink, and even when we didn't drink more than usual, the hang was much worse on bac.

The trouble is if you can go AF without bac, you're not in the majority - but that would be ideal. Most people drink while titrating up, because they can't not.

Comment

Working...
                  X