Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen honeymoon

Nutshell;1235896 wrote:
    When you speak about the people who went higher, do you mean that they don't come here anymore because they gave up and went back to drinking, or that they had stopped drinking and didn't need the forums anymore?
    beatle is still around and you'll have to ask her. Her PM box is always full, it's a running joke, but she'll see that you sent one if you do.

LowCountryMan titrated down to zero, started drinking again, slowly and then alcoholically, and his life went to hell. The rest of his story is his, and he shared it with me offline. He doesn't come around because he lost interest, I guess. I hope he's well.

He's the one who coined "just keep taking the damn pills." I've erased most of the beginning of my thread (paranoia and stupidity) but that response is still in the first couple of pages of my thread. Said as gently as possible. :H

Happy New Year Nut!

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

dags;1236390 wrote: on that note bleep and any one else, has any one noticed that when we stop drinking are old drinking buddys dont like our new choice and dont know what to make of it, iam having problems and i know there talking shity about me its as if there dieing to see me start drinking again
      There's definitely something like this at work. My really good friends are pretty pleased for me, the rest I don't care about.

Just ignore the bastards. The ones that want you back pinting aren't really friends anyway.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

Ne/Neva Eva;1236401 wrote: beatle is still around and you'll have to ask her. Her PM box is always full, it's a running joke, but she'll see that you sent one if you do.

LowCountryMan titrated down to zero, started drinking again, slowly and then alcoholically, and his life went to hell. The rest of his story is his, and he shared it with me offline. He doesn't come around because he lost interest, I guess. I hope he's well.

He's the one who coined "just keep taking the damn pills." I've erased most of the beginning of my thread (paranoia and stupidity) but that response is still in the first couple of pages of my thread. Said as gently as possible. :H

Happy New Year Nut!
        That's sad about LowCountryMan. Sad that he stopped "taking the damn pills". I might look back at some of his old posts to see if I can learn anything.

Happy new year to you as well.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ere-46158.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...1-a-47275.html

and then there's this one:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ate-48723.html

I miss that guy. A lot. I bet he found a way out. I'm going to find out!

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

Thanks for those, Ne. Seems like he just dropped off the radar.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

It happens. When I was starting out I found it really, really disturbing and disheartening. Then it made me really determined. I studied those people, and the ones who stuck around, and realized that one of the big differences is that some people just stop taking the damn pills...
              Now it makes me sad-ish, and more determined to...offer what support I can. Low was a big part of my support system. Still is, though he doesn't know it! So I keep taking the pills. Even though it is now very easy to forget to do so!
              You'll get there. And then we get to throw a party!

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

I felt horrible walking around today. My new job involves a lot less exercise, so fueled by booze I have gained over 40lbs over the last six months. Today I tried to run across the road, and I felt like my legs were struggling to carry me. I am going to try not drinking (as bleep suggested), and see if the Baclofen makes it easier than it was before.

By the way, I'm at 375mg now.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

Nutshell,
                  YOWZA! Now you're running with the big dogs! That's alotta bac.
                  Not to make light of it. I fondly recall getting to my switch dose. Sort of. It was terrifying and exhausting and excruciating. But I also felt a sense of peace and calm that others talk about when they're on the lower doses. And a sense of clarity. That was lovely. Maybe it was because I knew that I was willing to do whatever I needed to in order to beat the beast. Sometimes that meant just putting one foot in front of the other! (There was a point, when I was in the 200s somewhere, that I went for a run and realized the thought really wasn't a good idea. My right foot didn't seem to be quite as long as the left and was sort of...floaty. Something others might enjoy in a bac high, but I find it rather disconcerting. )

Not drinking is a good idea. I also recall fondly that I actually made a decision not to drink the night I stopped drinking against my will. I didn't really feel like it. I kept forgetting to buy booze, and having to make a point of it, and it was cold outside. So. I didn't. And then I didn't again. And again. I was pretty amazed and still pretty unwilling to accept that I had finally, FINALLY gotten to the place where alcohol didn't run my life. And then I started floating, for real!

I heard from Low. He's doing okay. Yay!

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

It will be interesting to see if it works the same way as it did for you. At the moment I feel ok without beer, so that's a good start.

That's nice to hear about Low. Did he go back on the Baclofen?

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

So, I only took 375mg for the first time yesterday, and today I didn't drink anything. I don't want to drink beer because it will make me fatter. That doesn't sound like indifference?

I feel fine. Virtually no Baclofen side effects. How is that even possible at 375mg? I think I'll stay at this dose for a little while and see how I feel.

Thanks for your comments.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

So, I didn't drink on the first day I took 375mg, and I thought that maybe the best way forward would be to reduce my doses and see if Baclofen made it easier to not drink. I went down to 350mg, and the first day of it saw me drinking again. I then went back to 375mg, and today is the second day of that. Today, I feel a noticeable difference in my tendency to drink. I still bought the beers, but I have found myself doing other things before drinking them. I have still drunk two of them, but by this time I would usually have drunk four.

It may be nothing, but let's see.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

I've found that it takes about 4 days after going up or down a level for the "indifference effect", for want of a better phrase, to kick in. Was it about 4 days ago that you went to 350?

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

It was like this:

Day 1 - 375mg
                            Day 2 - 350mg
                            Day 3 - 375mg
                            Day 4 - 375mg

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

It's hard to follow from that. Let me give an example of what I mean. If you've been sitting on 350 for a week, and decide to go up to 375 today, Saturday, you will only become indifferent (assuming 375 is your 'level') somewhere around Tuesday/Wednesday. And only if you've taken 375 each day until then.

Bear in mind this isn't science, it's only what we've picked up from watching people here. And I say 'we' quite glibly, I've just realised. Hopefully a few people can confirm this. Nudge, nudge terryk!

AFAIK, it's to do with the concentration of baclofen in your CNS fluid, which takes a while to increase after a dose increase.

Comment

Baclofen honeymoon

Ok, thanks. I'll have to wait and see. I only had the two beers yesterday, and I feel good this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X