Phill Thomas - The Bac Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

;1201014 wrote: A girl died because of your fraudulent "doctor".
    A woman, Cowgal, committed suicide last spring. She was taking baclofen, and many other things. She had been suicidal before taking baclofen, and the other things she was prescribed. She had personal communication with Phill, and many other people here. Apparently his ex-wife sent her a very nasty email from his email address purporting to be him, just prior to her suicide. Much of the relevant information can be found here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-38718.html

I am quite sure that I do not have the "full story." I am quite sure that no one here has the full story. Why do I think that? Because I communicated with Phill for a month or two last year when I was fraught and could not find help or solace here at MWO. He had NO IDEA that Cowgal passed away.

Enough already. Enough secrecy, gossip, intrigue and blame. A woman is dead because she suffered from the same disease we all have. Placing blame, particularly when there is so much information that is shrouded in intense emotional pain, and unnecessary secrecy, is cruel and malicious. To her memory and to anyone caught up in it.

Once again, we here in the meds threads can look to people who do not regularly participate in the meds threads at the center of a maelstrom. And you, Otter.

I will ask those of you who participate the same question I ask myself when I return here and find myself unable to not respond: To what end? What purpose does this serve?

I can assure you that it will not serve the purpose of hindering Phill's pursuit of financial compensation for information and knowledge. It will not further humiliate him, or keep him from calling himself Dr. Baclofen.

It will continue the contentiousness that is found here in many guises. It will keep people from finding help, both here and from him. More people will die. It will, after all, hinder people's ability to find the information he compiled from here for his book.

It will also cause so much despair about the futility of this place, the meds threads in MWO, ever becoming something useful and supportive that those of us whose sole purpose is to get and give support and information that we will simply give up and leave.

Can we not just stop with all of this? Please? I don't just mean Phill. I mean all of it. I'll be the first. It's not worth the time and effort to deal with the exact same things month after month. I don't have time for socializing any more, though I miss it. And I certainly don't have time for this.

There aren't any others who are looking for information or support at the moment, just the same contingent that has been here for several months. They know to ignore this and continue with their struggle in much more productive ways. But what about everyone else? Who will be responsible for their continued despair? Not Phill, certainly.

Peace.

Comment

missyabby1;1201014 wrote: Someone at last called you out otter. And you changed the subject completely. A girl died because of your fraudulent "doctor". You have done so much harm on this forum. I can't believe you still have the audacity to post here. How is your wife? You still haven't answered that question? I have asked it many a time. Because I remember you kept saying Baclofen saved her life. Is there an update on that? cos it is important.., To me, anyway. The good Dr is a fraud.......fullstop. Are you?

Missy
      She swears by Baclofen.

I will not post here anymore.

Excuse me if I have got this wrong but:

:welcome:

TRACY

:welcome:
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1201033 wrote: I am quite sure that I do not have the "full story." I am quite sure that no one here has the full story. Why do I think that? Because I communicated with Phill for a month or two last year when I was fraught and could not find help or solace here at MWO. He had NO IDEA that Cowgal passed away.
        Bullshit.

He knew exactly what had happened. He even posted on the thread that was started in General in her memory.

I also want all the noise to go away and for people to be able to focus on getting better.

But I will not shut up about Phill. Period. If people see fit to punt him as a saviour, I WILL speak up.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Why?

Comment

Tip

I am not going to post about him any more.

Sorry for everything I said to you that was unpleasant. I respect your opinions and your work here.
            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1201067 wrote: Why?
              ***sigh***

I think I've highlighted my reasons sufficiently on this thread and others.

You're welcome to PM me if you have further concerns.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Well said, NE :goodjob:
                  Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                  George Santayana

Comment

Otter;1201086 wrote: Tip

I am not going to post about him any more.

Sorry for everything I said to you that was unpleasant. I respect your opinions and your work here.
                    And thank you for your PM, Otter
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Great post, NE.
                      "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Zennie :l:l:l

Otter: thank you for your PM. I appreciate the gesture.

NE: I've sent you an email.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

:thanks: You are a true Saffa; never gives in. One has to admire that.
                          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Yes. Night all.
                            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Lo0p;1199147 wrote: Leg day. Shooting for a 1 rep max of 390ish lbs on ATG (ass to grass/ground) squats, which in reality is 310lbs 8 times. It's not gonna happen tonight, but Imma try dammit!

edit: not really ATG, but lower than parallel so damn close.
                              I came close btw. 382 lbs!!! My second best evaaaar! I've been feeding myself well this week too, including a pint of Ben & Jerry's with doughnuts mixed in that night (an effort like that must not go unrewarded). So this week I'm going for an all-time high!
                              :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                              :what?:
                              sigpic
                              Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                              A Forum
                              Trolls need not apply

Comment

Phill Thomas' case study has now been accepted for publication by a major peer reviewed journal. It will be published in the new year. I will keep an eye out for it.
                                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Working...
                                X