Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen anxiety update

Hey all,

I just wanted to throw the latest and greatest out there. Just had my 2nd appointment with Dr. L and I am speechless about how much this man and this medication are changing my life!

I am in a good place emotionally and psychologically that I have not been in several years. My anxiety has gone down about 50-60% and I feel more confident everyday that I can tackle the world without needing other narcotics or alcohol to deal with it. Baclofen along with the support of Dr. L has calmed me down so much and I am not such a high strung mess anymore. I know I still have a long road ahead of recovering from the psychological mess inside my head, but I am actually starting to feel like it's possible to do now. I thank god that I found this forum and recieved the support and knowledge from all of you people that is making my life better. :l

My current dose is 60 mg./day and I am on week #4. I will now start to titrate up a bit higher over the next few weeks, but so far no noticable side effects.

I actually just got a new job that was difficult to get, and the interview process was intense for someone with anxiety issues to go through. But I was able to handle it well and get the job because baclofen reduced my anxiety enough to do so.

Baclofen anxiety update

Boost,

Couldn't have said it better. Baclofen kicks my anxiety in the @$$ full force. Congratulations on the job!
    I am no longer a wall flower in meetings. I speak with a calm confidence I had never known before Baclofen.
    Thanks for the smile today!

LL:l
    The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

Bull$hit!! That stuff you are taking might as well be a placebo and Dr. L sux.

Oh wait, here's my favorite: "You must not be a real alcoholic."
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

What Loop?!

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

spacebebe01;1206450 wrote: What Loop?!
          Lo0p forgot to put up the smilie for "tongue in cheek" :bigwink:
          With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

Boosted, dude, awesome! I'm made up for you!
            "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

boosted, i recently learned that 'i'm made up for you' means s/he's really happy for you (right, brenda?).

that's awesome, dude! and so well-put. thanks for sharing. ain't it cool, really, that a whole bunch of recovering/recovered people get together here and cheer each other on? i just love it! so yayy, boosted! yayy, each other!

felicidades on the job! a life worth living, of a sudden, isn't it?

xo rudy

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

Nice, boosted! 60 mg/day and 60% anxiety reduction...hmm...looks like you've reached 4400 RPM on a b18c1 and have hit stage 1 VTEC

Once you reach 5600 RPM (at who knows how many mg/day), your life will take off in a way that's even better than stage 2 VTEC. I know that sounds like heresy, but you're gonna have to trust me on this
                Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
                George Santayana

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

Brenda, you put make up on in honor of Boosted's success, that's sweet and a little flirty of you!

Boosted, that's amazing. Congrats!

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

Boosted-

Congrats!! I am so happy you are starting to feel what I have just begun to feel...

My advice (and unfortunately something I didn't take) is to follow D. L's titration schedule, unless you feel you are going to cause damage on yourself or others. Just my two cents. I have slowed down my titration to +10mg/week.

I highly recommend L-Tyrosine to compliment your bac. I am on my second day of it, and I slept through the night for the first time in a month!
                    Hit "the switch" at 190 mg/day on 11/10/11... Thanks to Dr. A, Dr. L, and all that have supported my journey on MWO!!:guitar1:

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

Hi boosted congrats on both the new job and the great success you are having taking bac and improving you life, it sounds amazing that in 4 weeks you have made such massive changes in the way you feel and your life in general, the job. You sound so positive you have passed on hope to me for my own success in recovering from this addiction.

Comment

Baclofen anxiety update

[QUOTE=boosted_b16;1206418]Hey all, I just wanted to throw the latest and greatest out there. Just had my 2nd appointment with Dr. L and I am speechless about how much this man and this medication are changing my life! I am in a good place emotionally and psychologically that I have not been in several years. My anxiety has gone down about 50-60% and I feel more confident everyday that I can tackle the world without needing other narcotics or alcohol to deal with it. Baclofen along with the support of Dr. L has calmed me down so much and I am not such a high strung mess anymore. I know I still have a long road ahead of recovering from the psychological mess inside my head, but I am actually starting to feel like it's possible to do now. I thank god that I found this forum and recieved the support and knowledge from all of you people that is making my life better. :l My current dose is 60 mg./day and I am on week #4. I will now start to titrate up a bit higher over the next few weeks, but so far no noticable side effects. I actually just got a new job that was difficult to get, and the interview process was intense for someone with anxiety issues to go through. But I was able to handle it well and get the job because baclofen reduced my anxiety enough to do so.[/QUOTE

Hey boosted!

Long time. Check in with us and let us know how you're doing.

Best,

Cass
                        With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Working...
                        X