baclofen problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

baclofen problems

hi guys,Im new here. I was RXed baclofen at 20mg 3x a day.Problem is that I has a terrible craving for alcohol and took 90-100 mgat once. Within less than an hour I started Halluciating. Insane CEVs(closed eyed visuals),Flying sensations and even Open eyed visuals(OEVs) but it did not scare me.Actually enjoyed this and rather calm despite these effects. Lasted 6-8 hours.I feel tempted to try this again.But I quit the Bacs-no withdrawal-took it for 4 days. I feel that Baclofen is NOT for alcoholic with a history of hallucinogen abuse-like me.I have read many stories of people hallucinating on baclofen.I heard baclofen is related to GHB and Phenethtylamines.Its not good for my recovery.Anything else I may take? I would really appreciate any comments.Thanks

baclofen problems

Take bac as it's supposed to be taken, and you're more than likely to be OK on it. Titrate up slowly so that your system can adjust. Of course you're going to have a negative reaction if you OD on your first attempt.

I can't comment on other meds, since I've only taken bac.

:welcome: to MWO
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

baclofen problems

ditto what trip said: take it the way it's meant to be taken, and you'll be fine. barring that, i don't know what to say; baclofen is the only med i've taken that has stopped my drinking. give yourself the chance to save your own life, and don't use bac recreationally. you'll probably one day be very grateful to yourself for making that decision.

Comment

baclofen problems

RudyB;1207654 wrote: ditto what trip said: take it the way it's meant to be taken, and you'll be fine. barring that, i don't know what to say; baclofen is the only med i've taken that has stopped my drinking. give yourself the chance to save your own life, and don't use bac recreationally. you'll probably one day be very grateful to yourself for making that decision.
        Keep calling me trip and people might think I'm taking it recreationally as well :H:H:H

Gotta love Freudian slips.
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

baclofen problems

rangiatea;1207548 wrote: hi guys,Im new here. I was RXed baclofen at 20mg 3x a day.Problem is that I has a terrible craving for alcohol and took 90-100 mgat once.
          Rangiatea, whoever prescribed you baclofen obviously did a lousy job explaining how it works. I can think of only one person (out of 100s I've encountered) who have lost their craving for alcohol on the first day of taking baclofen. It doesn't matter how much you take. It takes weeks to months of religiously taking baclofen on schedule and titrating up slowly, before you reach the point where you no longer crave alcohol. It's not a one-off magic bullet.

If you want something that stops you drinking on day one, how about Antabuse? That won't halt your cravings either (I don't think anything will do that immediately) but it will make you sick as a pig if you drink on it. In fact, why not try both together? The antabuse will prevent you drinking and in the meantime, the baclofen will be in the background killing your cravings.

I feel that Baclofen is NOT for alcoholic with a history of hallucinogen abuse-like me.
          Hee hee, yeah it is. It worked for me so it'll work for you.
          "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

baclofen problems

If anything, a history with physchedelics will help you if you decide to titrate on baclofen. Some of the side effects from baclofen share a definite similarity to some of the hallucinogens. Don't let that be a reason to not do it though; the side effects disappear, and they aren't that similar or wonderful that you end up chasing a trip.

Comment

baclofen problems

I can only agree with what everyone else has said, and probably any one else will.

Comment

Working...
              X