Topomax vs Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topomax vs Baclofen

Before I cut down, I would be out of it.

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

You probably think I'm a crazy -you are right. I'll check back in the "morning" arg. Please don't underestimate my gratitude. Horrid night ahead; got myself into a state.

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

Thanks Mama Bear!! It's a testament to the people on these boards how eager we are to help out a newbie!!
        Hit "the switch" at 190 mg/day on 11/10/11... Thanks to Dr. A, Dr. L, and all that have supported my journey on MWO!!:guitar1:

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

Thank you all. I shall be posting with further problems as you are aware occur with this devestating desease. Please forgive my faux pas + 5 due to being 'pissed' (drunk in Australian).

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

This is the only place where it is an honour to be a newbie. It can be the start of the rest of your life.

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

I'm not in recovery yet but I do hope that some of you will be there to encourage me because I'm going into an unknown darkness that we all have to get through for the rest of our lives. I would like to hear the stories of the darkness into the light because atm, I see a frightening future.

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

Serously, some/most of the testimonies about ppl's alcohol consumption seem so small. Am I just a huge piss head or are some ppl saying stuff that is a lot less than I consume. I drink 2 bottles of wine a day without the beer and I have cut down. Am I unusual, or are most Alco's not as bad as me?

I'm 48 and 8 beers over a day, I would be sober in my own mind. In fact, I would be happy that is all I drank.

Am I just a super drunk or is everyone on this forum not too fucked up? Well at least, not as much as me?

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

Hey Equi,

Post as many times as you want... This is your post, and no one will be offended if you post a million times here.

As far as a light at the end of the tunnel, all I can tell you is that two months ago, I was a pathetic stoner who could not leave the house because of social anxiety (except for the MJ clinic of course). I was suicidal, and I didn't see any end in sight. I am now indifferent to pot (and all drugs for that matter), I wake up with a smile on my face, I treat people with respect, and I have lost 20 lbs. by walking 5 miles/day with the puppy.

My advice is to start taking bac immediately on a very slow titration schedule (+10mg/week). Set a quit date in the not too distant future when you are at a significant dosage of bac (I set mine when I reached 150 mg/day), and keep on these boards for support. If you can, find a doc that will prescribe you bac. Or at the very least, get in touch with Dr. Levin for some counseling.

Here comes the disclaimer... I am not a doctor, but I do believe this gives you the best chance to succeed on HDB.
                  Hit "the switch" at 190 mg/day on 11/10/11... Thanks to Dr. A, Dr. L, and all that have supported my journey on MWO!!:guitar1:

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

Thanks Bosbsd. I am a virtual recluse besides my very recent 35 minute power walk with my dog everyday + getting food/smokes/alcohol. I'm 48 and going out just for a dinner at the local puts me in a panic. I hate showering because I am ashamed of myself, so I wash every day and only shower once or twice a week. I'm a disgrace.

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

Just a few links (even if PM) to reliable online access to Bac would be a help. Maybe.

Comment

Topomax vs Baclofen

I can't go in patient (again) because I take care of an invalid parent. My GP is supportive but can only do so much.

Comment

Working...
                        X