AL treatable medication on health records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is wrong with having AL treatable medications on your health record?

just curoius, I see several repies saying they don't want this in their records.

Much depends on what country you reside and your personal circumstances.

I live in the US and own a business. The business has a small group health plan covering me and my family, as well as employees and their families. It is a medically underwritten plan, meaning each participant submits their medical histories. This allows for much lower rates than a general enrollment plan.

If any alcoholism were to appear in my medical history, the rates would go through the roof. Same for a self-employed person that is on an individual/family plan.

If you're covered under a regular employer plan, and have no fear of losing your job, I guess it doesn't much matter.

But it is for this reason that I NEVER want this information in my medical history.

As a follow up question for those who are under the treatment of Dr. L, would his prescriptions ever show up in a medical history? I suppose not since it is paid out of pocket with no insurance claim. Is this correct?
    Good judgment comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgment.

Comment

In most cases, living in the US, you are denied life insurance if alcoholism is on your medical record. That's one that I can think of, among many others.

Dr. L, I believe, records it under "depression" or something like that.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
      X