Giving Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving Thanks

Generally I don't recognize or celebrate holidays on here. We're too culturally diverse, too multinational and, well, one person's Happy Christmas might be another person's Merry Hell. But I like the idea of giving thanks, in general, and will use this American holiday as an excuse to do so here.

I know I will have to make very little effort to express my gratitude in my 3D world, it is that much a part of my life these days. But that's not true here. I only have words.
    Almost ironically, it is for this anonymous, virtual community that I am most humbly thankful. It is the information that I found here that began the process that led me to freedom. You are the people that supported me throughout that process. It is to you all, anonymous and personal friend, that I owe the greatest debt. Without you I would never have made it here. And I LOVE here. It is more than I ever believed it could be.

I am deeply, profoundly, grateful to those who guided me on the path, and who still guide me. I am grateful for those who are here, those who have moved on but left their stories for us to learn from, and those who will come seeking answers and a way out.

I am thankful, too, that I never gave up looking and longing and hoping. I hope you won't either. Some (many!) of the answers are right here.

Love,
    Ne

Giving Thanks

GREAT post NE! Thank you x
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Giving Thanks

Thanks, oney.

I forgot laughter! Y'all are funny!

And the music! I put in my headphones and chose the playlist "The Goal" () and lo and behold, the first two songs were MWOer recommendations. Thanks Isolde and Reggie! GREAT way to start my day!!!
      :l and :h

Comment

Giving Thanks

Cross posted, Reg. HUGE hugs to you for starting my day off the right way. Rock on!!! woop!

Comment

Giving Thanks

LMAO, Reg :H

Well-spotted deletage.

Be that as it may, it's good to have some warm and fuzzies :l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Giving Thanks

Ha! It was just for you Reg. I'll put it on the playlist. :l Edit: I haven't listened but some of those lyrics are the heart and soul of meditation. "Nothing ever happens..." ooommmmmmmmm. :H

And thanks and warm fuzzies to you tip.
            jedi masters! I am glad you think I have learned the art of deletion--and catching deletion--well. :H

Comment

Giving Thanks

Great post, NE. :l

I am also profoundly grateful for MWO. It has been a part of my life in some form for a few years now! I remember when I first stumbled across it at work, as I was searching for answers, for ways to stop drinking. I remember how much Roberta's story resonated with me, and how hopeful I felt. It's been a long path over the last 3 years - from the supplements and the hypno CDs and Topa, to going back to drinking daily, to coming back here and finding out all about Baclofen to the switch and to now.

I am grateful that even with AL under control, coming here to read and share still feels like home and is always warm and welcoming. I love seeing new people coming here to find their way out and following their progress, as well as the little bonfires and hearths that we gather around to share, to gripe, to whine, to exult, about anything and everything.

And NE, you've definitely got the right of it - we should live each day submersed in gratefulness. I think it's time to start up my Gratitude Journal again. There's just something about writing it down that makes me more aware of every little thing in life that I have to be thankful for.
              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
              ~Clutch

Comment

Giving Thanks

Very nice.

If I wasn't able to read about other people's experiences on here, I would have given up a long time ago.

Thank you.

Comment

Giving Thanks

Isolde-I agree! This place was and is integral to my well being.

Nutshell;1214250 wrote:
                  If I wasn't able to read about other people's experiences on here, I would have given up a long time ago.
                  I found a lifeline in the stories too, Nutshell!

Comment

Giving Thanks

This thread is bulls%*t, I'm reporting it to the mods. I worked last night.

...actually, I'd like to give thanks for the opportunity to work last night. People were stuffing so much money up my a$$ it made me feel like a turkey.
                    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                    :what?:
                    sigpic
                    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                    A Forum
                    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Giving Thanks

I worked also. grateful that I got to see all the people in the bar that were shitfaced and I didn't have the slightest desire to drink. those people used to be me. in fact, some of them I used to drink with. so foreign now. I recognized one person sitting at the bar who was puffy, pink and swollen. he used to come to AA.:upset:
                      just grateful because that could be me and for the moment it's not.

Comment

Giving Thanks

Still here. Still grateful. And once again, I'm going to use this American holiday to express my thanks to all of you who have made this journey less lonely.

Thanks to you all for everything I have and am.

And a special thank you to Dr. Ameisen, without whom I'd still be a hopeless alcoholic. RIP

Comment

Giving Thanks

I am profoundly thankful for Lo0p and Dr. Levin. They stepped in when the rest of the medical community wouldn't. I honestly don't think I would have made it another year without them. And of course to Dr. Ameisen, without whom we wouldn't be here.
                          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Giving Thanks

Im thankful for mwo too
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Giving Thanks

Without MWO I'd never have found Dr Chick and TSM, the subsequent recovery years and now complete abstenance.

People trust me again, and I'm learning how to connect with others on a really, really deep and profound level.

Absolutely fantastic.
                              I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
                              X