Scared, but going to try baclofen on my own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RudyB;1221274 wrote: oh my god, just as i was about to sign off on my post to you, it highlighted and deleted itself!!! how annoying! here i go again, abbreviated this time... (who can tell me how to 'undo' when something like that happens?)

sabby, i was happy to read that my posts have been helpful to you.

we have running in common, though i have yet to run any races. i'm planning for 5k's in the spring. i recently heard that most marathoners were once addicts. it's hard to believe, but it does make sense. sadly, you and i don't have the organizational thing in common. my finances are a bit of a mess at the moment. i'll pull through, but it seems that anything involving numbers on paper gets put into a pile to be dealt with later. sometimes later is very late. even though i'm quite good at math, i have a more scatterbrained, artistic nature. could you please send me some of your sciency, spread-sheet mind?

don't worry about not waking up. i had a few days of sleep apnoea, but it went away. (i had a thread on it: sleep apnoea. i'll find it and see if i can figure out the highly technological problem of how to post a link to it on your thread.) folks here assured me that i wouldn't die, and, as you can see, they were right. it was scary, but i pulled through.

you mentioned that you'll stay at a dose until se's subside. it's counterintuitive, but sometimes going up to your next dose can actually make the se's go away.

i did experience cravings reduction early on on bac, but it's different for everyone. i also went crazy with drinking right before i switched. some smart people called that 'the last kicks of a dying horse'. maybe you're experiencing an early wave of that. don't sweat it. you'll find yourself gliding through to sobriety in jig time, i imagine.

ok, now i'll close the computer and my eyes (sometimes bac does funky stuff with sleep patterns), and hope that numbers and unfiled papers don't torment me away from sleep.

good luck, sabby. your bac should be here any day...

xo rudy
    I'm using my currently sober mind powers to send you spread-sheety magic!

Thank you for the moral support. I know that the low dose I'll start on (5mg) just can't be enough to make me stop breathing in my sleep. And I imagine if I titrate slowly I'd feel any apnoea building up. I don't know, maybe not.

I'm thinking you're right about that dying horse. I was AF last night. I won't be tonight (but I'm so tired that I don't think I'll finish a whole bottle of wine). Tomorrow night I will be, so I can be fresh for Thursday 5am running. Thursday night I won't be. Friday night I will (because I usually run 10+ miles on Saturday, fairly early).

Saturdays and Sundays are hit or miss. No, that's not true. Saturday is usually a total miss, even when I am AF Sun-Fri. But Sundays are truly hit or miss.

Once my bac gets here I am going to be AF the first few days so I can be alert and monitor what's going on. Part of me is plain old curious and I want to remain observant so I can write down what's happening.

Anyway, I'm beat, so I am going to resist that wine for as log as possible and go to bed as early as I can.

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1221296 wrote: Yay! oh. wait.

Me, too! But we didn't know it until after we were indifferent. I can only imagine how much richer, deeper and more satisfying yours will be when the disease is subdued! woop!

You probably would not believe how prevalent this experience is. I think Edostan summed it up best on his thread lo those many months ago. His is a fun journey to read, if you get the chance. It ended rather abruptly because of a quake and a tsunami, but I heard much later that he was sober, doing well, and had moved on...

I was very, very scared, too. :l

Oh, I'm glad you have a good marriage, too. I bet that was a nice surprise. But, I bet there were signs. Maybe you were both having trouble with Al but that doesn't change the fundamental nature of a person. Kind people are usually kind drunks.

I'm hoping mine will be even better once I kick this.

Comment

RudyB;1221623 wrote: i wanted to add, sabby, that you shouldn't psych yourself out about the sleep apnea. not everybody gets it, and building up fear around it will not help one bit. in fact, the fear could make it more likely to occur (we attract what we think), and fear definitely won't help in the moment if it does happen. in fact, i recommend that you don't even bother to read my thread on it, unless you skip my posts and just read the encouragement i got. i pulled through in a matter of days, i'll remind. and yes, you're much more likely to die from over-drinking!
        I know you're right!

Comment

Hi All,

My baclofen came in last night. It's Pacifen 10 brand.

So, I ordered Dec 2 and it came in Dec 10 from Port Vila, Vanautu.

I'm going to start tomorrow. I don't know why I am waiting a day but I feel like starting on the start of the work week.

So, tomorrow is my first dose - 5mg.

Some advice - should I take it at a particular time?

I suppose with such a low dose it won't matter and I won't notice much of an effect.

Comment

Working...
          X