Not tapering off of baclofen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only been on Baclofen for 5 days now. I know I should give it more time but my body is not reacting too well with it. I am exhausted all day and it seems to be affecting my memory and coordination. I need these things with my job and day to day life.

Since I have only been taking 30mg/day for 5 days, do I still need to taper off? If not, what side effects should I expect?

Sorry it didn't work out, Boston. I wouldn't think so. But to be safe and sound, you could just take significantly less today. 15mg, or 20mg, or even 10. I certainly jumped around more than that in the beginning, but I can't attest to whether or not I experienced SEs related to that since I was still drinking very heavily.

If you get to the point where you want to try again, I would highly recommend starting lower than 30mg/day.

And if you're in a place when all help/hope seems lost, stick around. There's lots of info to be gleaned. Take good care.

Comment

Why not try 3 5mg doses spread throughout the day to start with? Or have you? Did you notice sides at even very small doses? It's weird how this med effects people so differently.

Comment

Thank you for your quick responses. I have heard horror stories about bac withdrawl and it was really starting to worry me. I did not start out lower than 30mg/day and I should have. I read some info that suggested to give it a few days and my body would adjust.

I would possibly like to give it another run in the future and will start out at a lower dose to get my body a bit more accumulated.

Comment

@ 30mg for only a few days I doubt you will have any serious withdrawal issues. Just drop to 15 mg for a day and see how you feel.

Comment

Working...
          X