what is fastest way to get baclofen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My plan was to order baclofen from edrugnet.com for about 34 cents a pill for the long haul but it takes at least 3 weeks for it to arrive. Since I need it sooner than later I had planned to get it from some Canadian pharmacy overnight for about $1.00 per 10mg pill (I am up to 50mg p/day) but somehow in my chaos I realized last night i am out as of today!! Is the canadian pharm the way to go? What is the virtuous labs option? I do not quite understand what they are and if I need a script and if i order them and what they entail. Do they send baclofen in pwder form and i have to measure it or soemthing? Or if I order from this Dr L what I would have to pay a regular american pharmacy as I assume my insurance of medicare would not pay for any of it. God this is so overwhelming.

virtuous labs is looking like the best option overall, if i keep to 50 mg for the next few months which I may, and i order it today and i have it shipped overnight the cost breaks down to 66cents for 120 days of a 50 mg dose. I'd say that's a deal considering my dire circumstances. They only charge $50 for 6000mg of Bac so it's really the overnight shipping that's bringing the price up so they are as cheap as edrugnet really and virtuous lab's shipping would be so much faster. I am curious if their product is stronger/purer somehow since it is a tincture and not a pill????

Comment

Yeah virtuous liquid... or just call Dr L. and get a script.

Comment

I have seen references to Dr. L around here, and I am not sure, but is he/she a doctor affiliated with this site? Do they provide prescriptions for baclofen? If so, can anyone do this? Since many of us are going to be taking fairly high dosages as we ramp up towards that hopeful point of indifference, would Dr. L provide a prescription for high dosage baclofen?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but as my possible suppliers of baclofen that ship to Canada has now dropped to two (Pharm4all and 4rx), the thought of having an actual prescription for this drug where I can purchase it locally and save on shipping sounds appealing...but it's the high dosages I am wondering about - does Dr. L prescribe higher dosages?

Comment

More on Dr L and baclofen treatment in Canada

TimetoQuit;1223276 wrote: I have seen references to Dr. L around here, and I am not sure, but is he/she a doctor affiliated with this site? Do they provide prescriptions for baclofen? If so, can anyone do this? Since many of us are going to be taking fairly high dosages as we ramp up towards that hopeful point of indifference, would Dr. L provide a prescription for high dosage baclofen?

I apologize if this has been asked before, but as my possible suppliers of baclofen that ship to Canada has now dropped to two (Pharm4all and 4rx), the thought of having an actual prescription for this drug where I can purchase it locally and save on shipping sounds appealing...but it's the high dosages I am wondering about - does Dr. L prescribe higher dosages?
          Hello Time

I scrolled back through your posts and see you have been at this for a while...trying to order bac over the internet...

I'm going to try to answer your questions in a way that helps not only you but other lurkers and newbies.

Yes, Dr L will prescribe high dose baclofen.

Very few doctors in the US have publicly acknowledged treating alcoholism with baclofen, and fewer still will prescribe the high-dose regimen many here have found effective. One who will is a well-respected psychiatrist in the Chicago area whom we on this board call "Dr L" -- primarily to insulate him from whatever mischief could arise from spelling out his entire name and phone number on a website accessible over the internet.

Nevertheless, his whole name is well-known to his patients and you can very easily find it by going here: Drug could offer respite for alcoholics | WBEZ or by googling "mywayout" "prescribing baclofen" "Dr L" and/or "312" (his area code) or by using the search tool to search this forum.

Dr L is not affiliated with this site, but he is treating a number of regular participants, who often report on his extraordinary kindness and helpfulness.

He will take your call and he will take you on as a patient. Over the phone. Assuming there are no problematic drug interactions, he will prescribe baclofen for you. He will consult with you regularly as you titrate up. If you have other co-existing conditions he will consult with you regarding these. You do need to call him to do this, however.

He will discuss fees with you, but suffice it to say, your ability or inability to pay will not prevent him from helping you.

Some on this board have expressed frustration that his preferred method of starting a new patient out on baclofen is to ask them to go to a nearby Walgreens and ask for baclofen. When the pharmacist asks for a prescription, the patient is supposed to say, "Please call Dr L. Here is his number." This somewhat unorthodox approach occasionally results in awkwardness at the Walgreen's counter, but I suppose it protects Dr L from phoning in a prescription in advance that is never picked up.

In any event, the prescription is always eventually filled. Some here have found that initiating the prescription-filling process on the walgreens.com Online Pharmacy website works well to start the process and avoid awkwardness at the counter. If you don't have access to a local Walgreen's Dr L will work with your local pharmacist.

Walgreens also has a discount card which many here have used successfully to reduce the cost of baclofen and also to avoid making insurance claims. There are numerous posts on this subject on this forum.

Lastly, you say you are in Canada. I don't know whether a Canadian pharmacy will fill a prescription written by a US physician. I leave that question to others. I believe I have seen a post here on mywayout which states that the Addiction Medicine Clinic of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto will prescribe baclofen. See: CAMH:Addiction Medicine Service

The Addiction Medecine Clinic can be reached at (416) 535-8501, ext. 6616 to book an assessment, or ext. 6019 for more information.

Hope this helps...

Cassander
          With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Working...
          X