The Efficacy of Baclofen in Reducing Alcohol Consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If bac works on the same part of the brain as alcohol then, is baclofen in fact a substitution treatment as Dr Chic suggested?

Comment

Informative Thread

This really is an informative thread. Thanks Cass and others who participated.

Comment

Thank Cassander, for putting all your hard found research on here.
        Thanks Spirit for bumping it, as otherwise I would have never seen it

Good stuff Cass!

Comment

Thanks, Indy, and thanks, Spirit.

I did read a lot about baclofen...back in the day...and the research then and now is very encouraging.

That still didn't stop a member from coming on and starting a fight about...as far as I could tell then...and now...nothing. She accused me of lying about a report which I had scrupulously paraphrased and it really did turn me off. Terryk...a good man...came to my defense and so she went after him hammer and tong. Some things, I guess, never change.

So we probably shouldn't overreact to the recent disconsonance on the board. It has been ever thus...

Best,

Cassander
          With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Cassander;1636461 wrote: Thanks, Indy, and thanks, Spirit.

I did read a lot about baclofen...back in the day...and the research then and now is very encouraging.

That still didn't stop a member from coming on and starting a fight about...as far as I could tell then...and now...nothing. She accused me of lying about a report which I had scrupulously paraphrased and it really did turn me off. Terryk...a good man...came to my defense and so she went after him hammer and tong. Some things, I guess, never change.

So we probably shouldn't overreact to the recent disconsonance on the board. It has been ever thus...

Best,

Cassander

Hi Cass -Thanks for your response. (And thanks Indy for activating discussion)

I only found this thread because I was searching (google) for some info regarding baclofen-gabapentin and trial studies (two are now current and ongoing). I started reading from the very beginning of the thread and then noticed the date. I continued reading and realized just "HOW MUCH EFFORT" some of you had put in at that time -especially regarding baclofen.

When I read this thread of yours, I noticed the names of a few other posters who are still around and still posting. It was at that point that I truly realized just how important the contributions that you each have made - to the "drugs cure for alcoholism" really are. I hope others will see this as well.

Even within this thread, you did not agree with each other. The fact that you did not agree with other brought out even more information. I seldom find that people just agreeing with each other brings out new information or new ways of looking at a subject.

Bottom line for me in this bump in your thread, along with the other contributors is this: You all have been instrumental in keeping the baclofen hope alive and well, and you each have continued to help shed the light on the devastation that alcohol brings to individuals, families, and those others that are hurt in the process of alcoholism.

To this, I say thank you. I further say that if temporary discourse in a forum helps open eyes and brings forth new and better information, then continue the legitimate upheaval.

I will always be thankful to many of you for bringing baclofen to me and my doctor as a real solution to my alcoholism.

Comment

Working...
            X