Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting out on Bac: Questions

Hi All,

Ringing in the ears, headaches, and insomnia got really bad a couple weeks ago at 80 mg. I slept 10 hours in a week. I left a whole bottle of Bac somewhere at work. I could have lost my job over this.

I started taking less, and feeling SEs from withdrawal. I have enough to do the taper and am deadly afraid of running out early if supply turns out to be unreliable.

Currently, I have 1-2 drinks on weekends at social events but do have more cravings than say 1/1/2012. My goal is to keep it at that level or not drink at all. Doing so without Bac is going to be difficult, so I'd like to have enough to maintain if that is an option.

I'm on Bluto's BAC. It was and remains the logical option. Has anyone ordered within the past two weeks? Are you satisfied with the product?

Has anyone ordered from other sources, and again, are you satisfied with the product?

Comment

** bump **
      I could really use some insight here. ..

Comment

I can't speak to the bac. I would suggest calling them, perhaps.

As to the other things, I'm not really clear where you are in terms of taking it/not taking it. You want to maintain your current dosage?

And the other questions? You were at 80mg? And the SEs were terrible. So you went down...to what? And how quickly?

You want to moderate without craving? The only way I know to do that is to get to indifference. And even then it's a really difficult path. Doable, certainly, at least in the short term. (I've heard a year or so before the drinking becomes an issue again, but really only if one stays on bac, just at a lower level. Again, I really can't be sure.)

Comment

Hey Ne,
          I was at 80 and went down to 60.
          I'm doing a little better on 60, but am worried about being physically dependent and caught without, especially given the problems in the supply chain.

Comment

Over 100 mg today.
            I really feel like getting drunk. I'm slamming Bac instead.
            I'm drowning in loneliness either way.

Comment

johnalter;1273803 wrote: Sorry, newbie here, but that's why AA is effective, it doesnt do shite to stop drinking. You have a higher success rate of going to church or a blook club. Really its you got to get out and fill that void of time that you used alcohol. Bbaclofen will lessen the cravings,its shown on the pet scans. But that is the physciologcal obejectivem measurement. Its not the placebo effect measurement. It is the pattern you have to break. You cannot sit around with less cravings for alcohol at the times you usually drink alcohol.

Titrate up to hit the "switch"to you are indifferent to even wanting to drink, Or titrate down and reduce the somnolence and force yourself to be social, engage, make friends. rent movies with friends creae a social circle. Thats how the support groups likeAA,Church, gyym workouts Fill the alcohol void, figure out your right dose of bacofen, mine is 200mg/day. I go down to 100mg I want to drink, Bu if Im more social. I can handle the lower dose and be fine.

Right now, I have no social circle, no outlet or friends and 200mgis barely cutting ibecause I cant be that social that high of dose. I hate AA meetings, I might go to a church. I go to bestbuu and stores to be social now.That helps.

Im on bluto bac, before that prescription and 4rx to augmet the 80mg max prescription dose. Bluto bac is a bit stronger and faster acting. I fid that it creates a faster reation to NOT wanting to drink but if its a mild drink craving.I eat somethig to slow the gastric absorption down so I dont get somnolence.

Bluto I believe doses the original lots at 22mg/mL so after opening them the air will oxidize it to lesser potency over the 60 dau siggested iise to,e. all meds oxiidize like aspirin turs to viegar smell. So wjen uou to walmart get that huge deal of asprin and then wen you sniff it part of the aspirin turned to vinegar. Its chemistri 101.
              So the newer lot of bluto bac wo;; be more ptoent than after opening it 60 daus later which be closer to 20mg/ml or 19mg/mL how much air you let it that conatins oxygen.

If you left it open in nitrogen, this would not occur, it is why expiration dates exist, b/c of oxidation slowly degrading potencty. After a certain time, the potency cannot be guarateed and it will still work but the law saus it says it has to fall into this certain range. SO ALL medications are sliightly overdosed like bludots bac and thats why doctors titrate meds up to effect. Then later indrease them.

Standard procedure. Bluto bac before he sold it to the UK guy sent me freegies. Its exactlu like 4rx onl more potent and harder hitting if on empty somach and been on bac for 3 uears. Its definitelu more potent whith last batch. But when a guy who wanted to chane the world and help people sends out a a couple thousand vials to save one life or two or a few more woule still the dose. If youare getting it stronger and I am eat some before hand. It slows down how afst ihits you, kinea like piazza befpre a beer
              Hmmmm.......some interesting words here about "Bluto baclofen."

"Johnalter," be well and I hope you can find the help you need soon.......

-tk
              TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Hiya, Pro. Sorry (again!) for the delay. I just finished what feels like my first hazing for school.
                I really never thought I would get so completely tired of looking at my computer, or actually run out of words to write. But it happened! oy! I'm physically sore! And spent!
                Anyway, enough about me.

Pronoia2012;1271008 wrote: Hey Ne,
                I was at 80 and went down to 60.
                I'm doing a little better on 60, but am worried about being physically dependent and caught without, especially given the problems in the supply chain.
                Yep. It's really important to make sure you have enough bac on hand always. Even now I've got bac-ups for my back-ups. That said, there are ways that you can get what you need lickety-split if the occasion should arise. Post here. PM me or several of the others you've seen around. And should you not be able to get it from your source, there are the options I'm going to guess that you know about...the doc and online. There's one other that hasn't come up in months and months and that's going to the doc-in-the-box and getting a script for spasticity. A back spasm will do, and your dosage is right in line with the normal-ish range for that.

Pronoia2012;1273763 wrote:
                Over 100 mg today.
                I really feel like getting drunk. I'm slamming Bac instead.
                I'm drowning in loneliness either way.
                I'm really sorry for that. You are not actually alone, in feeling lonely, or totally alone. There's us. I know the boards are soooo quiet right now, but it'll rev back up here soon, I feel confident.
                Here is where I found solace. We had a group (or groups!) much like what is going on over on the Nal/Anta thread. And I made a bunch of friends, mostly by PMing random people rather relentlessly. :H Funny to think about now.

I don't know that there's an easy fix to the isolation that booze creates in our minds. But it will end when the booze does and you start to heal. I know that _Serenity_ struggled with the same thing, and that she'd answer a PM if you wanted to reach out to her about what she did.

As to the getting drunk: I did it. Repeatedly. Many of us did/do. I know I can't make the decision for you, that's for sure! But it suuuuuuuuucks. And if you think taking the pills is hard now, wait until you're hungover!

It could be, however, the dying throes of the beast. (Someone had a really beautiful post about this...Who was that? Makes me sad that I've forgotten his username. E___? bummer. OH! Edostan! Great post! Look it up! He got well, btw. )

One more thing about my experience ( I hope not everyone is as tired of it as I am...) that might be relevant. I had terrible SEs at the low doses. Terrible. It wasn't until I got over 90mg or so that I found some relief, for the first time, from baclofen. And it wasn't until then that I started to believe that it might work for me. I hope that's your experience! (And you'll note, from the first post on the Ne thread, that I jumped from 60 to 90 or something and then went back down again, a bit. It was relatively smooth sailing for a while after that...Until the next hurdle when I started missing doses/taking extra again. )

Hang in there, Pro. Look for the laughter. It'll come. That's a promise, too. Joy is a side effect of freedom.

:l

Comment

Working...
                X