Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naltrexone

What's the general thought on naltrexone as an aid to quit drinking? And more alternatively, hypnotherapy? Thanks, Cher

Naltrexone

Cherrabah,

Some people find it very useful, some find it does nothing, some follow it using abstinence and some use the Sinclair Method.

I did find this article today, which is very interesting.

Naltrexone May Be Helpful in Treating Alcoholism | Addiction Treatment

HTH,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Naltrexone

Thanks Cindi! I like the entire link and really appreciate your passing that on Saved is a favourite - luv Cher

Comment

Naltrexone

I found it very good in reducing the extent of my binges, when I woke up the next day after drinking, I wasn't dying to go drinkin again. Sinclair method didn't work for me however, after 6 months.
        The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Comment

Naltrexone

I used Naltrexone for a short period of time and it really did cause me to lose interest in alcohol in the middle of drinking. it was weird but cool. I stopped using it bkz I ran out and it is expensive and I had to wait 3 weeks for it to arrive, etc etc. Now I am taking Baclofen and i am thrilled. I often wondered what would have happened if I did low dose naltrexone...meaning took it everyday.

Comment

Naltrexone

oh I forgot to say something about hypnosis. I am actually trained in NLP and hypnosis. Hypnosis would def. be a good idea. it is very powerful stuff.

Comment

Naltrexone

Hi there,

I just started taking 50mg of Naltrexone daily 3 days ago and I am finding it really helping me. I am not doing the sinclair method, I am abstinate and I find that it makes me almost abhor the thought or the smell of alcohol. I was at a freinds house last night and they were drinking beer (which was my drink) and just the smell of it made me feel nauseous. So for me right now it seems to be working as a deterrant.
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
              :h

Comment

Naltrexone

I took Naltrexone using TSM and it did work for awhile. However, I did not work on reducing the unhappiness and anxiety that caused my drinking in the first place. So I started back drinking without taking the Nal and now I'm stuck again. I want to quit drinking period. And I'm not sure Naltrexone works as a deterrent - from what I've read over on the TSM board you have to keep drinking while using Nal.

If anyone knows from experience that taking Naltrexone daily WITHOUT drinking works as a deterrent, I'd like to hear about it. I have lots left and could use them up.

EDIT: Sorry Universal - I didn't mean to ignore your experience but was wondering if there were more people who used Nal the way you did with good success.
                Ask yourselves, would you rather be a non drinker with an occasional desire to drink or a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it?
                (quote from Bean )

Goal: Survival

Comment

Naltrexone

I am on 50mg of Naltrexone and 40mg of Baclofen. When I don't take the Naltrexone, I notice that I drink more frequently, and I drink a larger amount in one sitting.

I'm not trying to quit altogether. And I have to say that I no longer drink alcoholically. But I do have to be very vigilant and pay close attention to what I'm drinking and how often.

Oh, and by the way, Naltrexone now comes in generic form if anyone is concerned about the price.
                  The Universe stirs up our comfortable nests, and pushes us over the edge of them, forcing us to use out wings...

Comment

Working...
                  X