Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STUFFY NOSE FROM HELL, day 3 on Bac

this is just quick, I am up to 30mgs Bac and my nose is very stuffed up
    did anyone have this and if so what helped?
    I just took a sinus med (phenylephrine hcl 10mg) but i took it yesterday too and it really did not help. I normally have sinus stuff but it seems to be more extreme.
    I drank tea and hot soup and still my nose is stuffed!

Sometimes when I do toe touches it relieves my sinuses but not so much right now...

just want to add that i tried the neti pot to no avail and now I just took 3 advil. i don't know what else to do??? heeeelp!

Comment

I had bad sinusitis for a while. Like all SEs, it passes. In the meantime, a bit of Alka Seltzer for congestion or other OTC cold / congestion remedies can help a bit. I've had sinusitis off and on over the time I've been on Bac, but it was worst about four weeks in, at about 100 mg. It passed after about four days. There were a couple of bad nights, which, when added to Bac-induced insomnia, were pretty bad. Hang in there!

Comment

thanks for the tip. I will try the alka seltzer too. Someone else said antihistimines so i ran right out and got benadryl. I cannot imagine this getting worse!

Comment

well I have been up all night, it's like my sinuses are clamped shut. I tried neti pot and the water wouldn't even go through. At 3 am i took a hot shower, drank hot tea and did the neti pot. really to no avail. I underestimated baclofen and probably titrated up too fast. I am at 30 mg now so tomorrow (today) I will try 20 mg instead, maybe 10mg upon waking ad 10 around 1pm and thats it. I have asthma and my symptoms are worse at night. So I think I am best off taking the bac earlier in the day. It's all trial and error really.

Comment

benadryl did not help, nor did sinus meds

Comment

took 10 mg of Bac at 5am and potassium supplement too and a mere 10 mins later i can feel my sinuses opening...wow, praise the lord maybe I can sleep now

Comment

Hiya Pene! Yeah, the congestion thing. ugh. Potassium, huh? I've got a cold...What does it do?

Bac causes runny noses. (weird isn't it?) When I complained to my doc that I was congested from it he was pretty dismissive. It occurs to me now that runny noses cause congestion, post-nasal drip and chest congestion.
                I took benadryl and after I was completely chest-congested, Mucinex to break all that stuff up. It wasn't an ace in the hole, though. I'm pretty sure there are better solutions... (I also used the neti-pot. Felt better in the moment, but then the whole process started over again.)

Comment

Potassium was just a stab in the dark. I figured if potassium helped with muscle spasms maybe it would help with nasal passages seemingly clamped shut! I have decided to increase my Bac to see if that helps this particular side effect...

Comment

my nose is more or less ok now. i made the decision to increase the Bac to cure my nose. By 1pm today I had taken 30 mg: 10mg at 5am, 10 mg at 8am and 10 mg at 1pm. My nose relaxed. I took benadryl at about 5pm and passed out! I only took the benadryl as a preventative measure for tonight!! I got some nasonex too but i think increasing the bac did the trick. I have to decide if i want to take 10 or 20 mg tonight at bedtime. I think i will just take 10mg. Pushing me up to 40mg for the day in total. Moving on up!

Comment

Hi Pen,
                      Just read this and had to chime in. The nasal drip and/or congestion was one of the worst side effects for me in the beginning. But, I felt so wonderful losing the anxiety that had crippled me for so long that this effect was so very minor in the scheme of things. It does go away as you adjust your Bac dose and Nasonex was the answer for me. Be careful with the over the counter brands because they can prolong the problem.

Good luck on your journey!

LL:l
                      The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

thanks Ladylush, yea my nose is still a dry aggravated the problem by taking sinus meds and then allergy meds. Who knows. I have to be careful with antihistimines too bkz they make my asthma worse! I upped my baclofen dose last night and then had a pretty bad asthma attack in the middle of the night. The baclofen feels like it dries things up. Nasonex helped for about a minute. Most nights I don't sleep now bkz I can't breathe!

Comment

Working...
                        X