New to Naltrexone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Naltrexone

Hi - just wondering if anyone can answer or have any experience with this.

I have been given Naltrexone and I am abstinate. Not doing the sinclair method. I am just taking it as an additional tool to maintain my sobriety. I've heard some people say it works great as an additional tool in helping with cravings and others say it did nothing to help their cravings. I also go to counselling and meetings.

I am just looking for anyones experience with this medication.

Thanks!
    Uni
    Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
    :h

New to Naltrexone

Hi Universal, I took Naltrexone to curb my drinking. Meaning i took 50mg BEFORE I started to drink. It definitely caused me to drink less, there is no doubt about that. At some point in the night I would just be done with alcohol and go home and to bed. It also made my hangovers easier to bear somehow, even if i still drank too much i seemed to have less anxiety the next day. I will be curious to see how it helps you. I myself have just started taking Baclofen. Andrea

Comment

New to Naltrexone

My doctor wouldn't prescribe BAC because she had no experience with it. I'm hoping that the Naltrexone takes the edge off for me.

thanks
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

New to Naltrexone

most of us get Bac without a doctors help. I hear Dr L is more than willing to write a script for anyone who wants it, it's about 13 cents per 10mg pill at target, I get mine from Virtuous labs for about 8 cents per 10mg (they send 6000mg in liquid form for $50) that's about 2 months worth.

Comment

New to Naltrexone

Dr. L? I would love to get a script for Bac.

Comment

New to Naltrexone

Dr L's info is right here on this link (Dr. Levin):
            Finding A Doctor - Baclofen UK

it was recommended to me to read as many of the baclofen posts here on MWO so i did that and got a good idea about how it all works: the titration schedule, how to handle side effects, how to determine your switch dose. it would be a good idea to read Olivier Amiesen's book too

Comment

New to Naltrexone

btw you can get baclofen from Virtuous labs without a script, which is what I do an it's cheaper and less of a hassle all around

Comment

Working...
              X