Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if alcoholism is a disease and Baclofen is the cure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are you penelope? I saw you on a different thread. How much bac?

What were the SEs when you tapered off of, what was it? Celexa? How long did they last? I have a friend who is thinking about going that route, prebac.

Comment

Yes, how are you?

I posted the stuff about Vitamin D because I thought you would appreciate the connections. I did not mean to hijack your thread. There may be a bit of a connection with MS though. Alcohol and drug abuse among persons with multiple sclerosis

Ne, of course I am not saying sunlight prevents alcoholism. But, drinking itself depletes myelin so there is the cumulative effect that drinking has of making a nervous condition worse so you drink more because you are having to calm your nerves. I just wonder what predisposes some people to drink. I think the anxiety thing is a big issue. Say you get to the end of a week, working inside with no sunlight and lots of stress, so you drink on a Friday night. Then you drink of an evening during the week to wind down after work.

I just think that a lot of what we call "chilling" out and "winding down" is a result of a need to actually calm our nervous system. Maybe we run out of the natural calming agent GHB or the nerves themselves are worn out...so we deliver an anxiolitic, alcohol, direct through the blood stream. It is just a thought.

Also, Ameisen's theory is that alcoholism is a disease of the limbic system and that is all interconnected with nerves.
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
      X