any other baclofen users here in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought it might be nice to meet some fellow baclofen users face to face, get off the computer for a change. I am in Brooklyn.. I am in about 21 days and only up to 50mg

I will keep asking as there has to be somebody!!!

Comment

Ha! I wish! sorta. Good luck. I bet there are...
      I also know that there is a doc there somewhere who treats with bac. You should be able to find him (or her!) after a few thousand phone calls. I don't mean to be flippant. It's amazing how damn small the world is, and crazily big at the same time. Ya' know?

Comment

well NYC is best enjoyed by productive artists and rich people! I do not recommend it for everyone, too damn expensive! Good to know there is a doctor out here somewhere in NYC who prescribes Bac. Though I won't be lifting any fingers to find him or her. I don't do needles in hay stacks.

Comment

Obviously you do, and you do it well! Which is to say that you found bac, then you found MWO. Those are things I looked for for 20-odd years, though I didn't know what it was I was looking for. I found Ameisen's book in the public library. Feels pretty needle-ish to me, ya' know?

I'll get back to you, btw, on the other thread about the research stuff. I didn't mean to come off snippy (though I was being so...sorry) and I haven't forgotten. Legitimate questions you raised. I asked something similar--but much more knuckleheaded-I was so lost. --when I started--both here and on Otter's website. (You can still see it there, and the fact that no one answered me in either place was a bummer.) Sooo. Yep. I love the city. On someone else's dime. Lots of friends there, fortunately. Maybe this summer?

Comment

And which are you? :H

Edit: Productive artist or rich?

Comment

that's true, not sure how i found bac, can't remember, probably just during one of my grand research forays.

I am neither rich or an artist! Which is why I suffer so in NYC. Though lately I have been contemplating buying large sheets of paper and oil paint and just letting it rip...

Comment

Fellow Bac user in NYC

i've been on bac once before and hit "The switch" at 120 (July 2010). Was sober a month and feeling good, met up with some old friends for a long weekend, thought I could drink, and, long story short, I have returned to the abyss.

I've been titrating for the last 2 months and am up to 125, still haven't hit the switch but am hopeful. I continue to drink (probably 8 beers a day on weekdays, 12-18 on weekends).
                I gave Dr. A's book to my primary care physician but he dismissed it like so many others. I get my bac from inhousepharmacy, would love to be able to get it from a local source.

I work in midtown and live in Western Queens. Would love to have a coffee or drink (if we're still doing that sort of thing ) and discuss our experiences with any bac users in the NYC area.

Comment

YAY!! Hi bdd35!! That would be great!! I understand how bac titration may give the idea you are safe to imbibe and then it turns out not to be true. The night before new years eve I drank til 4 am and despite the amount I consumed I did not get drunk...New years eve was a totally different story, got drunk on less alcohol! Also went to a birthday party on Tuesday, kept up with my heavy drinking friends but stayed sane while they did not. I feel like the 2 nights of remaining sane despite over drinking was bkz of the Bac but new years eve??? I don't know what the difference was. i don't really care either. I know I am on the right path and it will just take time. Just ran into a friend on the street and he asked me if I was going to the bar and just said "nah". Just from what I have read a switch at 120 seems kind of low, but who knows. What matters is you are back in the game and eventually you will get it right. PM me if you want to meet for coffee in the city, since we both live at opposite ends of the boroughs Manhattan seems our best bet. oh btw I am only up to 50mg so far...

Comment

Working...
                  X