Just ordered my bac!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered my bac!

I just ordered my first 100 5mg tablets and I'm super excited and freaked out at the same time. I tried topa and the side effects were too much, I hope I can make it through the SE's from the bac. I am just so disgusted with the alcohol consumption I have been doing that I will do almost anything to hit that indifference switch.

I didn't talk to Dr. L like I see lots of you have done...I will keep digging around for titration schedules and such because I don't want to take too much.

Is there any reason why I can't take it if I am also on an antidepressant? I take 20 mg of Citalopram (Celexa). I've seen some folks are actually able to quit their antidepressants. That would be wonderful!

One more question...once I start bac, is this a lifelong comittment? Will I need to take some amount of it forever?

Thanks everyone - your successes are very inspiring.
    Em

Just ordered my bac!

Hello Em, and welcome to Baclofen.

I wish I had the option to go through Dr. Levin. I would advise you to try contacting him. From what everyone on here has to say about him, he is a very nice man, and is very supportive.

I don't think that there is a problem with using the anti-depressants as well. I remember reading about people on here doing just that.

Whether it is a life-long commitment, seems to vary from person to person. Some people have been able to taper off to zero, others have tapered off to zero and had to go back on the Baclofen, others have just lowered their doses to the point where they can live comfortably, without an alcohol problem.

Comment

Working...
    X