GGGgggggrrrr Back Again!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the title says & feeling like POO!!! After a week of getting through a bottle of vodka a day.. New Baclofen on order, am having to ride this one out, pumping myself with vits to keep the WDs at bay.. One thing I have found that helps is a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper, Tumeric, lemon juice & 2 teaspoons of olive oil, seems to have settled my liver down & helps to sweat out some of the toxins..
    Will make more of an effort this time to spend more time on here & do the Bac seriously.. Hope you guys are all well.

Jeremy78210;1248766 wrote: As the title says & feeling like POO!!! After a week of getting through a bottle of vodka a day.. New Baclofen on order, am having to ride this one out, pumping myself with vits to keep the WDs at bay.. One thing I have found that helps is a teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper, Tumeric, lemon juice & 2 teaspoons of olive oil, seems to have settled my liver down & helps to sweat out some of the toxins..
    Will make more of an effort this time to spend more time on here & do the Bac seriously.. Hope you guys are all well.
    Wow, with that concoction, Id think you'd sweat EVERYTHING out of your system....LOL

Good luck
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Can you get medical assistance with the WD's? A small amt of benzo's make that process bearable if you can get/have them but I'm sure you know all that.
      Is mindfullness an option to help with the WD's? It helped for me
      You may "feel like doo" right now as you say but the fact you have made the decision to get the toxins out is what you know to be the right decision.
      Diggin' being alive

Comment

woywoyboy;1248783 wrote: Can you get medical assistance with the WD's? A small amt of benzo's make that process bearable if you can get/have them but I'm sure you know all that.
        Is mindfullness an option to help with the WD's? It helped for me
        You may "feel like doo" right now as you say but the fact you have made the decision to get the toxins out is what you know to be the right decision.
        unfortunately not, well not in the UK anyway.. Doctors here tend to just dish out a multi B vitamin!! Believe it or not.. I'm pretty used to the WDs having been through them so many times, it's the panic & anxiety I can't stand.. Fast & skipping heart can be a pain as I always think I'm having a heart attack so I tend to run on the spot really fast just to make sure it's not!! Also bathing in a hot bath with 2 mugs of Epsom salts, helps to draw out the toxins as well..

Comment

Hey Jeremy! Welcome back! Epsom salts are a great idea for eliminating toxins. Also, are you taking milk thistle? That should speed up the process. Desptie the fact that I still take GABA, tryptophan, and a whole host of "anti-anxiety" supplements, I think the one that's worked best for me in the short term is L theanine. Good for you for taking these huge steps. Best of luck to you!!
          "Yet someday this will have an end
          All choices made or choice resigned,
          And in your face the literal eye
          Trace little of your history,
          Nor ever piece the tale entire
          Of villages that had to burn
          And playgrounds of the will destroyed
          Before you could be safe from time
          And gather in your brow and air
          The stillness of antiquity."

From "At Majority" by Adrienne Rich

Comment

Hi Jeremy, the thought of you running on the spot to make sure your palpitations are not a heart attack do seem pretty drastic, I never tried the epsom salts or the concoction you are taking but if it helps and is safe then good for you for finding it. I am also in UK and have only managed to get meds to help with withdrawals when I have either been in detox or been in A & E so I do know the situation. Dont forget to make sure you drink plenty of liquids and try to eat what and when you can. Its great that your trying again, it took me many, many times and a lot of years until I found my way of getting and stating sober. Its the keeping on trying that matters, not the knock downs. I hope you are able to get some rest as well.

Take care

Comment

windycitylady;1248828 wrote: Hey Jeremy! Welcome back! Epsom salts are a great idea for eliminating toxins. Also, are you taking milk thistle? That should speed up the process. Desptie the fact that I still take GABA, tryptophan, and a whole host of "anti-anxiety" supplements, I think the one that's worked best for me in the short term is L theanine. Good for you for taking these huge steps. Best of luck to you!!
              Thanks WCL, yeah, taking Milk Thistle & Liv52 DS which is really good & available quite cheaply. I'll look in to the L Theanine as I tend to suffer big panic attacks when I'm driving, that's a nightmare..

Comment

spacebebe01;1248853 wrote: Hi Jeremy, the thought of you running on the spot to make sure your palpitations are not a heart attack do seem pretty drastic, I never tried the epsom salts or the concoction you are taking but if it helps and is safe then good for you for finding it. I am also in UK and have only managed to get meds to help with withdrawals when I have either been in detox or been in A & E so I do know the situation. Dont forget to make sure you drink plenty of liquids and try to eat what and when you can. Its great that your trying again, it took me many, many times and a lot of years until I found my way of getting and stating sober. Its the keeping on trying that matters, not the knock downs. I hope you are able to get some rest as well.

Take care
                LOL yeah it does sound drastic but it's just a bit of reassurance!! This must be my 10th time, I've got Baclofen on order so hopefully this will be the last time.. Google cayenne pepper health benefits, massive list of what it can do for you even just for general good health.. I need to stock up on Vits so a trip to Holland & Barratt tomorrow.. WDs do tend to be worse at bedtime for some bizarre reason so took Melatonin & Valarian Root last night, calmed the racing heart down & aided a good sleep, struggled to get up mind, knocked me for six.. Thanks for your advice.

Comment

Glad you had a good sleep, take it easy today if you can, I used to stay on the sofa sweating and shaking with the tv on in the background to provide noise as a distraction from my thoughts. I hope the bac works this time around for you, I have just started taking it again but low dose to help with depression and anxiety, I take antabuse now and since I started taking it around 3-4 months ago I havent looked back. I have found it fantastic for stopping me drinking when nothing else worked for me. I will pop back later to see how your getting on. x

Comment

spacebebe01;1249132 wrote: Glad you had a good sleep, take it easy today if you can, I used to stay on the sofa sweating and shaking with the tv on in the background to provide noise as a distraction from my thoughts. I hope the bac works this time around for you, I have just started taking it again but low dose to help with depression and anxiety, I take antabuse now and since I started taking it around 3-4 months ago I havent looked back. I have found it fantastic for stopping me drinking when nothing else worked for me. I will pop back later to see how your getting on. x
                    Awww thanks Spacebebe... Feeling a lot better this afternoon, felt a bit foggy this morning & kept having this rush going through my body, wasnt unpleasant but wasnt pleasant either!!! The dull ache under my right rib is subsiding which is always a worry.. I know you all hear this every day & I hope it dosnt get boring but it is a good release & really helps others as well as myself... So fingers crossed the only way is up!! Dosed up up vits & cayenne pepper LOL..

Comment

Your doing well Jeremy keep it up, dont forget to drink plenty of water to hydrate you and fluch out the toxins

Comment

Working...
                      X