Vivitrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vivitrol

Has anyone tried this? I am going to an addiction psychotherapist and this is one of the medications she prescribes. From what I have read, it is injected in your butt one a month and helps stop cravings.

Anyone with experience with this?

Vivitrol

Struggles,

:welcome:

I haven't seen too many post about Vivitrol here. However, there are many Naltrexone users here and on a site about The Sinclair Method.

I refused the injection because I was afraid that if I had a reaction to a drug that stays in your system for a month, it could get ugly.

Perhaps you could ask for the pill form of Naltrexone first, to see how you react?

Good luck!! I hope you can find some help with your struggle.

Hopefully others who have had Vivitrol injection experience will chime in soon.

Cindi

ps Vivitrol is an injectable form of Naltrexone, btw.
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Vivitrol

Hi struggles. I don't have experience with Vivitrol but am interested in hearing more about it. I hope if you decide to give it a go you will report back about your experience. A couple of things I've read say that a "negative" is soreness at the injection site for a few days. Another thing I have read is that success potential is best when combining Vivitrol with some type of counseling, group support, AA, something like that.

I wish you well finding your way out!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
      X