Dr. Phillip Thomas' Paper Published

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ne/Neva Eva;1267756 wrote: Nah, account is still there. S/he just deleted all those posts. You're up early.
    I've edited my post. Sounds a bit like a duck quacking to me though. -tk
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Don't post or reply

Please, it was posted on here a long time ago that that "Dr Phill" was a charlatan, not a doctor at all. I am only posting here because of the absolute trashing of MWO by Otter. This forum is brilliant, it allows people with the dreadful affliction of alcoholism to vent, get support, and "hopefully" get well. Come on people, just ignore. Otter has been none other then a nutcase here. Leave it be.

Missy

Comment

Everyone should be allowed the chance to redeem themselves, even Phill. That is why I posted the paper.

To err is human...
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Dr. Phil I enjoyed reading your case report. Congratulations on finding your way out.

FWIW...

Dr. Phil's report led me around to finding this presentation which I found interesting on pharmacology and alcoholism treatment in general. I was particularly interested in her mention of barbamazapine as a possible altnative to benzos during detox and beyond. At any rate, many drugs discussed here are mentioned briefly in this overview. I thought some might find it interesting. Wiley Publishing : Audio Webcasts

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

An interesting round up of what is there and shows that they know about Baclofen. Dr. Sinclair, who presents the webcast, is setting up in private practice at a clinic using 12 steps. She acknowledges that Baclofen works on withdrawals and stops cravings, p. 18, glosses over it, says it is something for the future, but not licenced. She then goes on to spend a lot of time talking about Naltrexone which is also not licensed for alcoholism but they use it even though it does no better than placebo in a number of key areas.

Note the slightly raised tone of voice when she talks about Baclofen. Funny because what she says is that it stops alcoholic craving but it is almost as if she doesn't know she is saying it and her subconscious raises her voice with excitement.
            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

For what it's worth, I recently had an e-mail conversation with Phil and he was a very nice guy. Very helpful and responded quickly. I think it's great that he has his study published.

Comment

thread deleted

Dr. Phil started a thread stating he was available for questions. I asked him one, got a great response, and boom, the thread was deleted! In the new vernacular, "What's up"?

Comment

I also noticed the thread had been deleated

Comment

Working...
                  X