Baclofen for GBL addiction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Res ipsa loquitur, as they say. This speaks for itself, Baclofen works as a "cure" for GBL GHB addiction:Topic: Baclofen for GBL/GHB addiction - Baclofen uk
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Otter;1277597 wrote: Res ipsa loquitur, as they say. This speaks for itself, Baclofen works as a "cure" for GBL GHB addiction:

Topic: Baclofen for GBL/GHB addiction - Baclofen uk
    From https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...tml#post998361 (11-06-10):

I'm no doctor or expert, but I believe that 1,4-Butanediol (and GBL too) is a GHB prodrug, that is, it turns into GHB in your body. GHB acts on GABA-b receptors as does baclofen. From various articles in wikipedia:

1,4-Butanediol is converted into GHB by the enzymes alcohol dehydrogenase and aldehyde dehydrogenase and differing levels of these enzymes may account for differences in effects and side effects between users.[18] Because these enzymes are also responsible for metabolizing alcohol there is a strong chance of a dangerous drug interaction.[18][19] Emergency room patients who overdose on both alcohol and 1,4-butanediol often present with symptoms of ethanol intoxication initially and as the ethanol is metabolized the 1,4-butanediol is then able to better compete for the enzyme and a second period of intoxication ensues as the 1,4-butanediol is converted into GHB.[18]

GHB has also been associated with a withdrawal syndrome of insomnia, anxiety, and tremor that usually resolves within three to twelve days.[72][77] Treatment with benzodiazepines can be used, although extremely high doses may be required (e.g. > 100 mg/d of diazepam). With the exception of baclofen, other treatments are often ineffective. Evidence shows that baclofen is the most effective drug for GHB withdrawal. GHB and baclofen are agonists for the GABAb receptor.[78] Benzodiazepines do not affect GABAB receptors and thus have no cross-tolerance with GHB; baclofen which works via GABAB receptors is cross-tolerant with GHB and is effective in alleviating withdrawal effects of GHB.[79] Thus baclofen can be used to substitute for GHB and gradually titrated to reduce withdrawal severity.

GHB withdrawal is not widely discussed in text books and as a result most psychiatrists are not familiar with this withdrawal syndrome.[80]

Hope that helps. And your situation sounds serious, like medical professional serious, not random guy with wikipedia quotes serious.
    -tk
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Oh my Gord, I think he's back.

Dullboy, PLEASE, just give it up, get a life, and let us go on blathering with each other in whatever ways we like.

WHAT IS IT that you need?

And if it's not something that a board of people from around the world who are working for and with each other to end the disease of addiction, consider this . . . your inappropriate intervening is just making everything more difficult. For everyone.

Is that your aim?
      "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

I doubt the validity of the post so I have deleted it.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
        X