X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repost need help

My previous post had a depressing title, so I'm reposting with an addendum,

1st of all, don't want to discourage any potential users of bac:

Almost anything can give me migraines..couldn't find ANY references to anybody else getting them from bac.

here's my original post:
    ===================
    Really bummed out.

Started Baclofen last night at 5mg...had a migraine within an hour or two.
    (I've been plagued with migraines for years, when I started a blood pressure medication - benicar, they stopped, thank God.)

Took 5 mg this AM, had another migraine within 5 minutes!

When I googled bac & migraine, bac was listed as a treatment for migraines, not a cause.

I guess I'll go back & try Campral (& weed), maybe kudzu.

I was so hopeful about Baclofen!

Any ideas, suggestions?

Any experiences with Kudzu?
    ========================
    Hope someone can help.

Best to all.

Repost need help

Can weed help? I don't think so. Breathe - think - ... You know more than me. I ve just found hope if I can so can you.

Comment

Repost need help

Hey Art!
      Are you SURE it was the baclofen that caused the migraines? Are you willing to keep trying? I know migraines are terrible, but it might be worth it to try a couple more times and see if it doesn't stop. Sometimes weird things happen on bac that actually go away when you increase your dosage.
      I've never been on campral or topa, so I can't help with that.
      Kudzu may help. The key is not to drink on it, otherwise it increases your buzz which can make you drink less, but is kind of counterproductive in my opinion.
      Have you tried L glutamine? It helps many people with cravings.
      You could look into naltrexone/TSM too. That's more of a long process, rather than a quick fix. However, if you're able and willing, I do believe it can extinguish alcohol addiction in certain people.
      If you find something that helps your cravings in the least, you can add antabuse. That's what I do, low dose baclofen and AB. Baclofen to take the edge off, and the antabuse to stop the arguing in my mind. It's the easiest sobriety I've ever gotten.
      I do smoke weed and take kava to have "something to look forward to" at the end of the day. But I don't consider these part of my recovery and intend on stopping them in the future.
      Hope I helped! Let us know how it goes!
      "Yet someday this will have an end
      All choices made or choice resigned,
      And in your face the literal eye
      Trace little of your history,
      Nor ever piece the tale entire
      Of villages that had to burn
      And playgrounds of the will destroyed
      Before you could be safe from time
      And gather in your brow and air
      The stillness of antiquity."

From "At Majority" by Adrienne Rich