hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi

hiya,jut found this site,my drinking getting out of hand,has caused me so many problems over the years,police,broken leg,the lists endless,im now actually drinking as soon as i can after work at 2.30,my little girls even looking where im hiding it!!a freind has given me some campral but im on citalopram so bit scared to take them,my docs useless just told me to go to cais but the waiting list huge,my littlns gone swimming and know she will be devasted when she comes home as just been out and bought cider....when will ths cycle ever end??advice ne one please?:new: xx

hi

Hi Bimble - and welcome! You have come to a good place..... you might want to post on either the general discussion forum or post in the newbies nest - more people will see your post than here in the meds forum. Lots of people start out in the newbies nest and you will get loads of support there. Do you know what you want to do yet? Do you have any sort of plan? I would read other posts and find your way around and decide where you are - lots of good info on here for you. And did I say...tons of support? I am glad that you found us. I am also on Citalopram and take Topa - as far as I know you can take other stuff with the Citalopram - I am sure someone else here will be taking them and can let you know....... welcome and all the best to you on your journey!

Hugs, Sun
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

hi

hiya sun,thank you,have posted in the newbies now!! thank you for replying xx

Comment

hi

Hi Bimble. There are a wide variety of different methods that people use to help them stay free of alcohol. Read around a while. In the meds forum, we generally discuss the medications, which include Naltrexone, Campral, antabuse and baclofen. Here is a thread by someone who is on Campral, and he has been free of alcohol for over two years now!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...rry-39482.html

I'm sure he would be delighted to receive a private message from you, or you could ask questions on his thread. He also might find your post here.

Welcome to MWO. It is a very good place.
        Ginger

You are here:
        sigpic

Comment

hi

hiya bimble, i see you met my pimp ginger

I cant tell you about mixing meds, maybe someone else had tryed that cocktail.
          i can recomend tr=ying a different doc, i had to and i have yet to look back.
          The doc i went to was located in a rough area of town and see people with all kinds of drug and A/L dramas, just a thought.
          I was concerned that i may be in for strife if i put my AL problem in my medical records, and to be honest it did come up when i asked for more life insurance, (as an aside, they are happy for me to pickle myself each nigh, but if i admit i need help with a condition, they want me off my meds for two years, never a mention of AL...)but i digress.
          I Have NEVER regretted going on campral, i had tryed to mod on and off with little to no luck.
          I started campral on day one, against instructions, they sugest three days sober...hah if i could!
          some side effects, some loose bowls, cramps, light headaches, just like any other morning after mild hangover with out all the guilt or crap.

PM me if you need more advice, check out the tool box it has some sweet ideas.
          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
          X