Pinged? Huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinged? Huh?

As I was typing a post this morning I noticed at the bottom of the screen that it said this was already "pinged" and had a web address next to it.

what's that mean?

Pinged? Huh?

Alright, peeps. There's something up with this. Under my posts it says:

"Already pinged." And is followed by this website:

?? / Teltion ???????...

What gives???
    Where's Techie?

Comment

Pinged? Huh?

Ne/Neva Eva;1292766 wrote: Alright, peeps. There's something up with this. Under my posts it says:

"Already pinged." And is followed by this website:

?? / Teltion ???????...

What gives???
      Where's Techie?
      Send him a PM, it's daytime where he is. Recluse might be able to help as well. I'll give him a nudge if he's on the boards right now. I get freaked out when things like that happen. My mind goes straight to hackers and worry that someone could get hold of personal data from my computer.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Pinged? Huh?

If you look down at the bottom left-hand corner of a thread page, you will see it says "pingbacks are on". You can then click on "pingbacks" to find out more about it. I don't think it's anything to worry about but I don't have an immediate answer on how to get rid of the messages other than by asking the site administrator to turn pingbacks off.

Does it happen on one specific thread or on more than one thread?

Comment

Pinged? Huh?

I'm going to check with the apple store tomorrow in case I've picked up something.

I don't know if it happens elsewhere. It definitely happens on one thread, but not on this one.

Thanks, recluse. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Working...
          X