need advice on baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice on baclofen

I'm trying baclofen for the second time. Titrated up to 200mg a day, increasing the dosage by 12.5 mg a week without much trouble, then got hit by huge side effects - nausea, complete exhaustion, basically feeling like a zombie. (Admittedly I'm still drinking but I don't know if that's relevant).

I titrated back to 175mg and can function again but I know I have to increase my dosage to hit the switch.

Then I read that Bleep, a senior member, suggested that because high level baclofen is dose dependent and can produce strange side effects, you're better off titrating to the next level - in my case 220mg a day.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and found this strategy worked?

Hoping someone can help

need advice on baclofen

I had horrible sleep apnea at one level, and when I went above that level it went away. Each level I go up or down seems to produce different side effects. The same thing happened with auditory hallucinations and anxiety levels -- each was different or non existent depending on where my dose was.

Comment

need advice on baclofen

diehard spirit;1299709 wrote: (Admittedly I'm still drinking but I don't know if that's relevant).

Then I read that Bleep, a senior member, suggested that because high level baclofen is dose dependent and can produce strange side effects, you're better off titrating to the next level - in my case 220mg a day.

Has anyone else had a similar experience and found this strategy worked?
      Hi, Diehard. Sorry about the delay.
      Drinking may be very, very relevant.

Yes, the SEs can dissipate or change when you go up a level. They can also dissipate or change with time. And it may be the case that you find that you drink less and less, and craving subsides, if you continue to take the dosage your on.

Comment

need advice on baclofen

I say go up once you are feeling pretty right again for at least a week. When you go up do it slow 10 mg or 12.5 if you are getting that overseas stuff. Stick with that for about a week. Expect some SE's the first few days and if the subside do another 10 or 12.5. Don't rush it. I really didn't but 20mg every 5-7 days was too much. I still miss my sleep and I spend most of my time on the couch sadly but my wife is sleeping well these days!

Comment

Working...
        X