Sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh

There is still some situations that life throws at u when regardless if u have reached ur switch u still miss that old friend the bottle. Haven't touched it yet........but after some upsetting news at 6 am this morning I have to say its starting to be a friend I am really missing just now

Sigh

Are you ok? dont forget Im here if you want to chat :l

Comment

Sigh

I think this happens partly due to the way alcohol releases dopamine, and the high is remembered for years. I also think it happens due to alcoholics falling in love with the idea of having a magic answer (alcohol) to problems.

This has been my experience, but I also know there are many other ways that people experience alcoholism or alcohol dependence.

Comment

Sigh

I'm sorry, allthestars. Damned euphoric recall! There are some AA phrases that I do like and one of them is "play the tape all the way through". If you drank, the situation that you're unhappy about wouldn't change, it probably wouldn't make you feel any better about it, and you'd feel disgusted and guilty afterwards.
        I know I've said this elsewhere, but it really resonates with me. One of my favorite authors checked into a mental hospital 6 months AFTER she quit drinking. They asked her there how she didn't drink when she was feeling suicidal. She said that she knew it wouldn't make anything better.
        Or, as my dad says, "there's nothing I can't make worse by drinking."
        Wishing you the best!
        "Yet someday this will have an end
        All choices made or choice resigned,
        And in your face the literal eye
        Trace little of your history,
        Nor ever piece the tale entire
        Of villages that had to burn
        And playgrounds of the will destroyed
        Before you could be safe from time
        And gather in your brow and air
        The stillness of antiquity."

From "At Majority" by Adrienne Rich

Comment

Sigh

hi,
          forget about that first "good" feeling that last about 2 or 3 drinks and remember how you felt after drinking the whole bottle... those are the memories that i hold onto and keep with me.. Like windy's dad says "there is nothing i can't make worse by drinking" very wise,..

caper
          caper
          AF since Sept 2013...
          :alf:

Comment

Working...
          X