Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweaty Nights

Hey everyone,

I've been on HDB for almost a year, and I've had a pretty bad problem for awhile of waking up in the middle of the night, and again in the morning in a bit of a sweat. Some nights are better than others, but it's been there pretty consistently for some time. It's pretty cool year round where I live, and sleeping without a comforter doesn't help, either.

If I remember correctly, it went away when I was on a steady level for a long time, but as we all know, titrating and tapering can be long processes.

Does anyone who's had the same issue have any tips or medicines to make it stop, even if it's just for a night or two?

:thanks:
    Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.
    George Santayana

Sweaty Nights

It sounds like it could be "the change" Pete, maybe HRT would help.

:sorry: Im bored

Comment

Sweaty Nights

I dunno. I still get it when I change doses. It might not even be that, it might just happen sometimes. I can't really remember.
      I wonder why it happens? Have you googled?

Comment

Sweaty Nights

I opened this thread and didn't know what to expect. That's a catchy title, SP. :H I've had night sweats on and off but nothing consistently. I absolutely hate them when I get them. There aren't any meds that I know of to stop night sweats, specifically. I think with night sweats it's a treat its cause (if identified and possible) kind of thing. Maybe put a plastic liner on your mattress for now? (that might be a stupid thing to say, but I feel like I should offer a helpful suggestion.)
        This Princess Saved Herself

Comment

Sweaty Nights

Ne/Neva Eva;1315862 wrote: Have you googled?
          Yes. I'm either going through manopause, about to die some horrible death, or it's the bac.
          George Santayana

Comment

Sweaty Nights

Hi Pete, this is just an idea but one thing that is used for menopausal hot flashes is clonodine, google it. I tried it, I cant say I was massively impressed, I cant really remember it was years ago but its a standard treatment my doc gives before considering HRT because its a safer way to treat hot flashes.

I know your not going through the menopause by the way

Comment

Sweaty Nights

SP,

Where have you been?

Evening Primrose Oil,
              1000 mg. 3 times a day. I swear by it!

LL
              The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings.

*Don't look where you fall, look why you slipped*

Comment

Sweaty Nights

Manopause, Space, not menopause

Hi Lush. Primrose oil? Sounds funky, but I'll check it out. And I've been in the same tiny corner of the world that I've always been, just chugging along.
                George Santayana

Comment

Sweaty Nights

Ok singular then, does that mean you only have one hot flush a night then:H

Comment

Working...
                  X