Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Journey Begins(very long, sorry)

Hey Frank,

Just FYI, if you're taking Nal and still drinking you already are following TSM. That's not the route I chose so I haven't read to many of the threads on it but I know there's tons of info about it posted here. Sounds like you're already making great progress--I think it takes about 4-6 months to fully work but please don't take my word for it.

Comment

My Journey Begins(very long, sorry)

Hi, ALL!

Day 6 on Nal. First 3 days... well , you can read my posts above. OK so you don't have to...Before NAL 20-24 beers day. Days 4 & 5 AF. Still taking Ambien for sleep. Now Ambien gives me really weird dreams. But sleep 2 hours at a time go back to sleep no prob. Drinking only water and Vitamin water. I'm good don't feel as depressed. A LOT less. still go to the bar with friends with no urge. Go home watch TV no urge. I no longer fear not drinking. Life without alcohol still scares the bejeesus out of me! Therapy will help that I'm sure. Have told Parents and my sons Psychologist(who used to be my shrink) and you know what? Everybody else knew I was an alcoholic! Including my 14 year old who, I was told, was VERY worried about me. I KNOW I am not cured by ANY means, and will keep Nal for the rest of my life If I have to. But, I now have COURAGE to press on. I will continue to stay AF as long as I can, but, I am not afraid any more. I hope it is not false courage. But, then, that is what alcohol gives you. But, again, I am 2 days AF for the first time in at least 20 years. That alone is amazing.

Good Luck to all! God Bless whoever made the first batch of Naltrexone and all those that are fighting this disease!

Frank918

Comment

Working...
      X