TOPAMAX SURVEY - DOSAGE/LENGTH OF TIME/SUCCESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many days on the topa? I had heartburn for about a week or so on the topa, but then it went away.
    Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

I've been on it for more than 2 weeks. It's been getting worse and worse, to the point where I am waking up with it even in the morning. Very strange. I have never suffered from indigestion before and am not overweight (well not more than 10 lb). I don't know how to explain it, other than the topa?

Comment

My experience with topa

I thought I would post about how I'm doing with the topa. I am on week 10 or so. I am up to 300 mg. I have had tingling in the hands and feet, although not all the time. I have had heartburn, but not all the time. I don't feel too doopy, but I also take adrafinil when I take my topa. My cravings are completely gone and when I do drink I can drink moderately. I have over imbibed a few times and woken up feeling HORRIBLE. The topa makes any carbonated taste horrible so I haven't had a soda or beer since I started. The only really bad thing is that for the last few weeks foods are starting to taste bad. I have lost about 12 pounds since starting the topa. I would like to lose a few more. So food tasting bad is ok since I will eat less, but it is a bummer that I can't even enjoy what I'm eating. I'm not sure what to do next. I am worried that if I get off of the topa my AL cravings will come back. Has anyone gotten off the topa. What happens next? I exercise alot (weight lifting and running), so I think that that has helped with mood swings. I'm 5' tall and currently 115 lbs. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has any questions that they might think I could answer, I would be happy to try. Thanks! This website really helped me!
        http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/a career....a family to care for....gee! I've got it all!!

Comment

Almost There,

How long before you started to lose weight? I've been on the topa for about 2.5 weeks now and my AL cravings have gone down, but my food cravings have increased I think. I haven't really gained any weight but I certainly havent' lost any. I really want to loose weight... I am in a wedding in 4 weeks!!!! could I possibly lose 5 pounds beforehand?

Just a wondering if I need to do something else.....

SunDaisy
          Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

i also made it up to 300 mg then i moved and lost my medical so went to ordering it on line when i could i was af when on a reg 200mg or better of topa but i slip when im not not to bad a few here and there and and then it was a night or 2 over about 6 months nothin like it was i thought i was in control hahhahahahahahaha but any way im back up to 200 and doing well back af for over a week. probably not what you wanted to hear i remember being where you are going "ok now what " well this is all experimental so drop your dose done till you feel the craving come back and the go up one. that the best i can tell you. but i dont know if there is any long term affects to using this stuff long term. but i do know the long term affect to using alcohol long term.
            http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/aude sapere "have the corage to gain to insight"

Comment

topa and weight loss

There is no secret to the weight loss. I think the topa helped to suppress my appetite when I got up to 150mg. But you know you just have to eat less. I have been drinking a ton of water and eating basically one good healthy meal per day with healthy snacks in the morning and afternoon. If I don't take my vitamins I feel really depleted. Good luck with it!
              http://localhost/gimport/cache/avatars/a career....a family to care for....gee! I've got it all!!

Comment

mikediesel,

I was afraid that was going to be the case. I guess I am going to continue taking the topa for now. I really don't have too many complaints other than the taste of food and not being able to enjoy the occasional beer. When Thanksgiving rolls around, I might think otherwise. I know my life is better now with the topa than it was with the alcohol....so I'll stick with the topa.

Comment

I've been on topa for 10 months and have been on 200 mg for about two or maybe three months. I"m an abstainer and was doing really well without the topa, but it just really took the cravings away and relieved a lot of the stress in my life - even at 150 mg. When I went to 200 the cravings disappeared and I love it here. But I did start to lose too much weight. I lost 15 pounds very rapidly. I am 5'1" and it's all I can do to keep it at 110 pounds. I really don't want to go below that and neither does my doctor. I'm pretty athletic and do lots of sports and can't go any lower. Plus I feel too tired when I don't eat.

I love my topa. It is my wonder drug. But I am thinking of going back to 150 mg because of the weight loss. It is becoming a struggle for me now.
                  Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Does anyone experience a bad taste with Topo?

Dear Friends,

I have been taking Topo for a couple months. I have just been on the 200mg dose for one week now. I have started experiencing a really bad taste in my mouth "sometimes" when I eat. I have not had any weight loss yet, even though I have been eating less. At the 200mg dose, I have also noticed a huge alcohol craving reduction. I am very happy to have found Topo, but the sickening occasional taste is quite worrisome. Has anyone else had this? Could it be related to the Topo?

Thanks and warm regards, Kathy:thanks::new:

Comment

Hey everybody,
                      Yes - the bad taste is likely due to the Topa!! I had a bad experience with the topa a couple weeks ago, when I upped my dosage from 100mg, where I was at for a couple weeks and happy, up to 150mg, and felt really badly - bad heavy head ache and sore teeth!!! Plus funny vision and vague brain. I realized I had all this before but it all intensified incredibly, so after 2 days I quickly reduced back to 100mg and have slowly started to feel better, and now I am down to 75mg. BUT, I wonder if any women out there have experienced changes in their menstral cycles???? It seems that I am just not getting my period this month!!!! At least a week late now, and it doesn't seem that I will get it at all!!! And no!!! I am NOT pregnant!!!! This sort of side effect does concern me though - I have researched it a little bit, and seems that this is one possible side effect of the Topa, - but I don't like it very much! Has anybody else experienced it?? I am thinking about cutting back the Topa even more, and combining a lower level with some Kudzu and L-glut instead. Not really sure what to do here....... Or even if I have to stop the topa completely to get my body back to normal!! Any advise??
                      xoxo Peanut

Comment

I seem to fit the pattern. I am 59 years old, 5'8". 200lbs. I am starting my 3rd week. I have read the book, taking the supps, and am up to 150 mgs. I am experiencing the tingling (itching), tiredness, but so far, no word recall problems. I notice that the booze tastes lousy, and I don't care for it much any more. I have definitely cut down, and I will continue to ramp up in order to ramp down.

danel

Comment

Thanks for starting Paddy. I just started the sups and really can't add. However this is very helpful information.

Comment

Length of time zero. Length of time have been trying to obtain: 19 months. Next pointless appointment to try and get tomorrow. Possible courses of action when they waste my time: jump off bridge, drink 2 bottles of whisky and wait for the tide to come in, kill the fat cunt in the office, march into referral GPs office and kill him, or beat one or both of them within an inch of their lives. Haven't decided which seems most appropriate yet.

Comment

I have some I can send you.

Comment

Dirty language

I'm sorry you are having difficulty obtaining Topomax, but I highly resent the ugly slur you used against the female office worker. It degrades all women. My illness causes me to feel rage and anger, but I don't use it as an excuse for degrading people.

Comment

Working...
                                X