Please remind me that this works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am on abuot day 20 or so of taking Baclofen. I have titrated up to 65mgs. I am constantly dazed out and sleepy during the day. I am still drinking about as much as I normally do but my anxietly level is way lower, so that is a huge bonus.

Anyhow I haven't noticed any sort of reduction in craving yet. Does it really just suddenly happen? I am getting just a little frustrated with the SEs the last few days..

Yep. It really, really, really works.

And you won't need a fairy godmother or the wizard behind the curtain.
    jkttdp
    :l

Comment

yep, craving just vanishes. It's weird and wild but that's what happens. Apparently there's some scientific reasoning behind it but personally I think it's magic. Who cares as long as it works, right?

Sometimes I just can't believe it but 1.5 years on and I don't get them cravings ... just as long as I jkttdp.
      "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Gosh that just sounds so awesome! I really hope it happens for me. And I hope I can get titrate up without turning into a complete zombie. So after a year and a half if you stopped taking it you think the cravings would really come back? I would hope that if enough time passes it wouldn't be the deamon it once was. What is the longest someone has been on Bac? Has anyone quit taking Bac and remained AF?

Comment

ifulovelife2;1351350 wrote: yep, craving just vanishes. It's weird and wild but that's what happens. Apparently there's some scientific reasoning behind it but personally I think it's magic. Who cares as long as it works, right?

Sometimes I just can't believe it but 1.5 years on and I don't get them cravings ... just as long as I jkttdp.
          Does that mean that you don't drink then? Or do you still have the occasional AL? I'm just curious.

"I like people too much or not at all."
          Sylvia Plath

Comment

Yes, Helix: Bac really works. Getting "there" is more challenging for some than for others, but it really, really works and it is SO WORTH IT! Onward!!!
            "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Helix;1351183 wrote: I am on abuot day 20 or so of taking Baclofen. I have titrated up to 65mgs. I am constantly dazed out and sleepy during the day. I am still drinking about as much as I normally do but my anxietly level is way lower, so that is a huge bonus.

Anyhow I haven't noticed any sort of reduction in craving yet. Does it really just suddenly happen? I am getting just a little frustrated with the SEs the last few days..
              Hi Helix: you made my morning with the title of your thread, please remind me...:H

I started a few 'you've got to be kidding me ! ' threads over this last month (32 days today) wanting to know why the hell I was putting myself through this!! Felt awful, headaches, eating all the time, bitchy and still wanted to drink...

I am on the Sups and take Topa (oh boy! That was a whole other, WTF THREAD )
              Now I seem to have slid out to the other side here. Calmer, more focused, eating less- thank God!
              Don't want to drink really. I come here A lot, read, post, read, read....watch Star Trek Voyager

So anyway, you are far from alone in the ' does this really work' camp. I'm here to say that, oddly enough...it does,

:l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Helix;1351708 wrote: Gosh that just sounds so awesome! I really hope it happens for me. And I hope I can get titrate up without turning into a complete zombie. Now, there's the challenge. Baclofen certainly has the capacitiy for zombieification. I don't think you will necessarily turn into one of the walking dead but maybe watch out for the urge to eat homeless people's faces.

So after a year and a half if you stopped taking it you think the cravings would really come back? I would hope that if enough time passes it wouldn't be the deamon it once was.If I drop my dose below a certain level I want to drink everything in my house. If I drop it really low I want to drink all the booze in other people's houses, but at least I stop trying to eat their faces.

What is the longest someone has been on Bac?
                That'll be 'crazy' Dave. He was on it for 10 years before he was finally caught and sentenced for the killing spree. J/K, don't know. Olivier Ameisen is the longest I guess and everything has turned out just rosey for him ... ummmmm

Has anyone quit taking Bac and remained AF?
                People have most definitely come off it and remained AF, apparently with ease. But the term "quit" suggests (at least to me) a) a sudden stop, which is most certainly a no-no, and b) that it is a drug one wants to rush to get off or that it is in someway a negative thing to be taking, while I believe it is such a wonderfully awesome supplement, I am super-happy to have it swilling around my brain (despite certain SEs, which make me sad and frustrated but which themselves can be treated by other chemicals).

LibraryGirl;1351741 wrote:
                Does that mean that you don't drink then? Or do you still have the occasional AL? I'm just curious.
                I'm not AF. I drink like a normal person. Of course there is no such thing as a 'normal person', we're all of us (and I mean members of the human race not just alkies) weird in our own way. I drink most days and most days I have 1 beer. Sometimes I'll have 2. And sometimes, if there's an occasion or an event, I can neck a whole bunch of booze, although not as much as I used to be able, but I can certainly party. I believe, but others disagree, that because I choose not to go AF, I will have to stay at or near my 'switch' dose. Abstinence was never my goal. It simply doesn't appeal to me. A moral failing on my part? Probably just one of many.
                "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Thank you guys for the advice, it is much appreciated. One thing I am noticing lately is that when I drink it is not effecting me the same. Instead of being care free and in a good mood it makes me groggy and confused. Is this normal? Does this mean I am appracing the "switch"? I can say for certian that something is definitly changing in my brain with regard to alcohol.

I also seem to be getting some sort of old yet familiar clarity that I haven't had in a very long time. It's hard to explain exactly but my thinking patters seem to be adjusting. Maybe my brain is repairing? Does this ring a bell with any of you? This bac ride is scary and exciting at the same time!

Comment

I really enjoyed reading this thread because it answered alot of the questions that Ive had rolling around in my head. I agree helix that bac is scary and exciting. I cant wait until I hit my switch and the alcohol monkey is no longer on my back. I agree with you on the groggy and confused part. Actually, Im feeling that right at this moment. Its a weird feeling because my body doesnt feel tired, only my brain. Congrats and continued success!!!!
                    :wings:Every day is another day to set things right!! Make today a new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life!:wings:

Goals: to stay AF and to start to incorporate some sort of exercise into my daily routine!!!:wings:

Comment

Working...
                    X