X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSM Failure?

POOF

TSM Failure?

I haven't tried TSM, and certainly was not aware of the situation a year ago. But the few psychiatrists I've been in touch with recently have seemed to treat nal as a first-line med now. Not TSM, obviously, but they were willing to write a script with almost no questions asked--and what you do with it is up to you, ya' know?

Just throwing that out there if anyone's thinking about TSM. Might no longer be a reason to order online...

Comment

TSM Failure?

I saw a lot of people suceed on TSM. But it seems now that some of us may have failed due to the "time release" coating on Nal from River.

I understand you can get Nal from AllDayChemist (link over there) online that is NOT time released.

You DO NOT want to get Nal from your DR unless you don't care if it shows up on your medical records. Unless you are "under cover". Topa can be written as off label - that is NOT the case with Nal.

I always thought I failed because I am an all day sipper and not a binger. Now I am wondering if I was wrong ...

It sure was easier to take than Topa for me. It's just a VERY long process for most.

Comment

TSM Failure?

Thank you for that clarification, Waiting. I did not realize that's the case with nal.

Comment

TSM Failure?

Hey Waiting, i remember you! Not on the boards so much anymore but still come by occasionally. I got my nal from the local walgreen's so i'm pretty sure it was legit. Had a couple successful moments, but all in all, it didn't work for me. Neither did bac. Had to titrate so far up (280 mg) and had horrible side effects....never felt the "Switch." Unfortunately, I'm still not sober.

Comment

TSM Failure?

WTE, I think you have a point there about the fact that if the Nal is time released it wont work the same. I have never tried Nal, I dont know why because it was the first med I read about and seriously wanted to try. I dont know if it is used for alcoholism here yet, I knwo when I asked my doc about it a few years back he told me it wasnt, it was then just used for heroin addiction. How long does it stay active in your system do you know, because that could also not work with you sipping all day as opposed to just drinking of an evening if the med is out of your system. I dont know, can you find the half life of it.

Sorry to hear you still havent found something that works hoping, but please try not to stop looking, Im not alcohol free either but Im not drunk anymore either, so I have to look at it as big progress.

If we keep on looking and trying we will find our own way to happiness.

x

Comment

Working...
            X