Need your dosage advice; SEs are too strong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week seven, and at 120 mgs. Cravings are way way down, but the side effects are so strong now I don't think I can function at work. I haven't hit the switch yet, but really want to.

What do you folks who have been through to the other side recommend? Decrease for a bit, or increase? I have to do something because I can't really function like this.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

I haven't been through to the other side, and I only have experience going down a notch before going back up.

When I was at 150 and freaked out, I dropped to about 130 and felt like the SEs improved or even went away. Of course, I'm starting to realize the last few months feel like kinda a blur, so I might not be remembering correctly. I was also drinking a lot back then.

Some people recommend going up right away, as SEs seem dose specific. Hopefully someone can weigh in with that perspective. I never had the stomach for that myself, but I can say each time I went down by 20 mgs or so, going back up seemed easier the second time around. This time included, as I'm now at the highest I've ever been, feeling fine. And last time I was here I was freaking the F out.

Whatever you do, I'm not sure you can really be wrong as long as you make SMALL adjustments, like 10 or 20 mgs, and stay there for 3-5 days to see how it goes. Don't give up, and don't get all willy-nilly with the pills. Consistency is your best friend on earth right now.

Comment

Thanks, stuckinla. Yeah, that was what I was kind of wondering - should I just plow on and increase or take it slow. Sounds like a variety of opinion from what I've seen on other threads. It is really good to know the second time at a higher dose has gone smoother for you - that gives me hope! I think I am going to try a small increase now and see how that goes.

Thanks for the response.

Comment

Also, and should have asked straight away, how much are you drinking relative to your norm? You mentioned cravings are way down (which is fantastic), but how recently? Any chance you're in withdrawal? (Keeping in mind it lasts 4-5 days, and foggy inability to concentrate or sleep, + anxiety, lasts a whole lot longer.)

Even if not, booze tends to make it all worse.

Comment

Drinking way way down. Normally drink 10-12 drinks daily, five or six days a week. Drinking no more than once a week since I started with Bac, anywhere from 1 to 5 drinks at a time. Went at least one week with no drinking.

So, I don't think it is booze making the side effects worse. SEs efinitely became a lot worse when I increased from 110 to 130mg. I just feel like I am stoned out of my gourd.

Comment

Working...
          X