Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Topamax been successful for heavy drinkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've read through threads on Topamax here, and it seems that 100-200 mg is the dose where cravings start to go away (in those who it works for), but I'm also wondering whether these success stories are from people who are mainly low-medium level drinkers (e.g. 10 or less standard drinks/units per day) as opposed to higher level ones (e.g. 15-20+ drinks per day)?

I'm referring to Topa by itself rather than combined with other meds, even though I'm now trying it with baclofen. I'm just trying to get a rough idea of how effective it has been as a lone drug for heavy drinking. I have not tried it that way at all myself, but am asking because my doctor is now suggesting this approach rather than Topa+bac, and my usual amount when I drink is 15-20 standard drinks per night.

I'm going to continue with the Topa/bac combination without telling my doc for now, but just wondering for future reference in case I have any problems importing bac through customs in future.

Have PM'd you Greg.....
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Working...
    X