Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hit the switch....at least I think I did??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. I need some experienced input from all of you success stories out there. I have been taking Baclofen for just about 8 weeks and I reached 190 mg. but due to a few factors such as my job being effected due to the high dose, the possibility of being laid off because things are really slow at work and my inability to deal with the lack of sleep any more I decided I needed to tirate down. If there is a possibility I might have to search for a new job, there would be no way that I would have been able to pull off an interview. I started to tirate down and to my surprise for the past 3 days have not had and desire for alcohol. Does this mean I've hit the switch??? I am currently taking 130mg daily and the urge to drink hasn't come back but me being me I'm walking on egg shells and paranoid that anything I do might ruin it. Quite frankly Im scared to death. Then I start thinking that if I give too much attention to being fearful of it that I might set it off again. How did you deal with that or am I just being paranoid!! Any input would be great. I would hate to have to start tirating up again, It was brutal
    :wings:Every day is another day to set things right!! Make today a new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life!:wings:

Goals: to stay AF and to start to incorporate some sort of exercise into my daily routine!!!:wings:

Hey, wow. Congrats! Don't freak out. If you don't feel like drinking, don't bother drinking. No reason for eggshells... Not sure what your goal is, but this sounds great. And heartwarming. Truly!

Comment

Thanks LA. Hope things are going great with you. I think that its been sooooo long (7 years to be exact) that I havent had thoughts of wanting to drink alcohol that Im thinking its too good too be true. Whats even more weird is that I suddenly remember what it felt like before I had ever started drinking. I feel like a ton of bricks has been lifted off of me. I really hope it stays this way. Im going to sustain from alcohol for quite a while since its consumed my life for such a long time. At least until I know this is the real deal.
      :wings:Every day is another day to set things right!! Make today a new beginning, the first day of the rest of your life!:wings:

Goals: to stay AF and to start to incorporate some sort of exercise into my daily routine!!!:wings:

Comment

Hang in there AmyC. How ya doin today?

Comment

Hi again, Amy,

We've had some issues with our friend Desperados here over the past few days. But maybe we can clear all this up quickly. You titrated down slowly, along a set schedule, yes?

Because 190 to 30 would probably suck. But you sound upbeat, positive, and calm. In other words, you sound like you've been coming down slowly. If that's not the case, eek.

But I remember you from a while back, and you're a really reasonable person. So perhaps one more quick check in to let us know a few more details?

Hearts and hugs, Amy.

Comment

desperados;1361834 wrote: From 190mg/ day down to 30...(assuming - correct me if I'm wrong) sudden such signficant dose reduction could trigger more than paranoia!
            Baclofen withdrawal can be brutal!
            I need to make a correction. I meant to say 130. I was typing so fast I didnt realize it but thanks for the heads up Desperados

Comment

Thanks Jim65. I'm going great!!!! Feel awesome. Ill be moving down to 120 tomorrow and Ill probably stay there for a little while to see how I feel and just go from there. I actually got up this morning and went to the gym!!! I havent been able to do that in a very long time!! So how are you doing Jim??? Are you taking the Bac plunge?? So far its the best decision I've ever made.

Comment

StuckinLA;1361838 wrote: Hi again, Amy,

We've had some issues with our friend Desperados here over the past few days. But maybe we can clear all this up quickly. You titrated down slowly, along a set schedule, yes?

Because 190 to 30 would probably suck. But you sound upbeat, positive, and calm. In other words, you sound like you've been coming down slowly. If that's not the case, eek.
                Hi Stuck. I had a typo it should have been 130 not 30. I dont know what would have happened it I would have went down that quickly

Comment

Today was a weird day. Actually quite nerve racking. I had taken a two week vacation because I was feeling so out of it from the dosage of Bac that I was taking. Today was my first day back and I was nervous. My cravings always hit me around 4ish or show in the afternoon and I was concerned that being here would be a terrible trigger but it never happened!!!. its kinda of strange because I realized today that Im going to have to experience "Firsts" all over again now that Im not drinking. First time back to work, first time out with friends, first time at a certain spot or place where I would have normally drank. Its almost like having to learn to be a different version of myself. Im probably not making any sense but has anyone else felt like this??? Or maybe Im just plain crazy!!! lol Feel free to chim in if you have.

Peace

Comment

Hey Amy, sounds like things are really good for you right now. On the one hand I'm sure it feels great to not feel real, hardcore cravings even in places where you usually have them. On the other I bet it's a little scary, no? I get weirded out when I don't really fancy a beer--because that voice doesn't sound like ME. Who is this crazy person who doesn't want to get bombed right now?

And listening to that guy creeps me out, but it doesn't feel particularly bad, either. Maybe it only takes time?

Anyway, so happy for you.

Comment

Hi Stuck. I know exactly what you mean. We become so used to being that person (the person who always drinks) that it feel so abnormal an almost un-natural when we dont want to. its almost like going against nature!! lol Your right its something that I think will take time to get used. I look at it like this,(speaking for myself of courst) I've been drinking for so many years that it not unrealistic to think that not drinking is going to feel normal right away. One thing Ive learned through my journey and by being on MWO is that everyone's experience is unique to them and I always enjoy reading about them. Are you still visiting the family??

Comment

Working...
                      X