Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick with anabuse

hi everyone

ive been on 400mg antabuse all year and drank today thinking might get away with it cos i missed dose yesterday - how wrong was i lol
    well anyway ive slept a few hours and woke up bout 1 hour ago and my question is - is it safe to take paracetamol for this shocking headache and is it safe to eat?
    am typing this from my bed (haha serves me right) and man feel really weird. not as sick as earlier just strange. annoyed with myself but also annoyed at what the hell is wrong with me that im never happy aand have to drink or take drugs to escape.
    its beginning to grate.

thanks for reading, best wishes

sick with anabuse

Hey Stevey

Sorry, I've never taken antabuse so I don't have any answers about whether you can use paracetamol or eat. I just wanted to say "hi" and let you know you're not alone with the whole drink and drugs to be happy thing. Even when we get sober and lose the craving, that 'need' still lingers. It's not just you.

Oh, and for the Americans here: paracetamol is the UK name for acetaminophen (e.g.Tylenol).

Take it easy, Stevey.

Mx
    "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

sick with anabuse

Hey, just wanted to jump in to say acenominaphen (god I can't spell) is seriously not OK if you drink a lot. It really works over your liver from what I understand. Ibuprofen should be fine though, I would think, even with the AB.

Comment

sick with anabuse

Hi Steve,

I take AB, and have no problems taking ibuprofen with it. Eating would probably help you feel better more than the ibuprofen will.

Good luck! Oh, and drink lots of water or gatorade.
        "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

sick with anabuse

Hi Steve -

I haven't been on the AB very long - but I researched it quite a bit first.

Echoing Insanity - all the stuff I read would seem to indicate Ibuprofen should be fine, tylenenol (paracetamol in the UK) would likely not be because you have prevented your body from not metabolizing the AL directly - so something that works your liver harder right now is probably not the best idea.

Same thing - fluids, fluids, fluids to flush it out...

You've made me curious as to whether Milk Thistle might not be a good idea for a while for you since that's a liver helper - it helps "flush it out" but I never researched AB remedies.

I hope you are ok? I know seizures is a possibility to close to a dose...I hope you didn't have any. I'm glad you made it through. :l:lilangel:
          That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
          Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
          AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

sick with anabuse

Hi Stevey,

WHY did you think you would be okay after only missing one dose? Just wondering where you got that information, I would hate for you to be misinformed. It can take up to 14 days for Antabuse to clear your system. Please be safe and do not attempt to drink on it again. It CAN kill you.

K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
            X