Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen and weight gain

Hey there, 1st post.

Anyone else dealing with weight gain with baclofen?
    I've gained about 10 lbs since I've been on it. About 6 months. I am at 240 mg daily.

Insomnia and somnolence I am dealing with, too. Maybe that's why I am gaining weight?

Tough to exercise when I am this tired. Any ideas? Coffee is not doing it for me during the day.
    :thanks:

Baclofen and weight gain

Hey Sole

As I recall bac can make some people gain weight but also some reported being able to workout better and gain extra muscle. You didn't say whether you are still drinking or not. After I switched, I decided to go on a fitness kick and I ended up losing about 90 lbs in 6 months, even though I had the somnolence thing big time. So, it can be done.

Coffee didn't do squat for me either but bronkaid sure as hell did. I've recently stopped using it though, because I've been getting nagged about it being bad for a "man of my age", blah blah blah. But the Bronkaid works...as long as you don't mind the potential for a massive heart attack.:H

Nice to meet you!

Mx
    "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

Thanks!
      Yes my drinking is in check. I still have a few every blue moon say once every 10 days.
      I am ok with that.

Bronkaid? Hmm, never heard of that. Might have to look that up.

Nice to meet you also!

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

240mg? Isn't that a real lot? I'm new to baclofen, but I thought you were only supposed to go up to about 200 max and then taper down to about 100?

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

I think Dr A went higher than that to be honest. He was up to 270mg. It's based on your weight from what I gather. I've heard of people going over 300 at least I think that's what I read on some European forum.

It worked for me so hey. It was not fun getting there.

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

Guys, there's really no maximum amount of baclofen you can take. I've known people on here take 4 or 500mg/day. I myself went up to 350. You just have to keep going until you hit your 'switch' and it doesn't seem to be relative to weight either.
            "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

OMG lost your avatar is just tooooo awesome and unPC. I want it :H:H:H:H

Comment

Baclofen and weight gain

Sometimes that's how I feel. Gave up the smokes though years ago. Thx!

Comment

Working...
                  X