Should I start Topamax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I start Topamax?

Hello, I am new to online communities but glad to find a place to learn and ask questions.
    I drink 2 to 4 glasses of wine everyday and want to only drink 1 or 2 a week. Does this work for anyone after being addicted everyday. Also, I am thinking of trying the topamax to stop cravings. I am open to suggestions. :new:

Should I start Topamax?

Welcome Redbird, to a lot of people on here, myself included, 2 to 4 glasses a wine a day does not seem a lot.Personally I would just try to gradually cut down, start drinking later. I'm not familiar with topa, I know there is a thread on here that you will probably find useful. Try the toolbox thread, where you will find information. Good luck.

Comment

Should I start Topamax?

I agree. I am not sure I would reach out to meds on 2-4 drinks. That is if you are truly being honest with yourself. Is it 2-4 regular glasses or 2-4 Flintstones sized drinks?

Either way, There are lots of ways to go about it. Why not try another method before meds?

I think of meds as a last shot when counseling did not work.

Comment

Should I start Topamax?

Hi redbird - Topa is a thought - there is a Topa thread if you are interested in reading about it. it is rather long but if you go to the beginning there is more there than at the end where right now, we are chatting more - LOL. However, should you post, there is lots of support from us. Most of us that are there have been, or are, on topa, so, between us, lots of different experiences. I am not too good at doing the 'link' thing but here goes:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...352-44427.html

Hopefully that will work - looking forward to seeing you there.....

Sun
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Should I start Topamax?

He Redbird, Although I take topa and really think its good, I agreed that 2 - 4 glasses, although saying that how big are the glasses, are you drinking a bottle with them or less? its hard to say when you say glasses we dont know how big the glass is, but if its a small one and around 1/2 a bottle it might be better to try the other methods first before meds. Read all round the site including the topa thread, there are supps, (vitamins and things) meditation cd's, they are bith really god, exercise ideas, and threads you can join in on for motivation as well.

So give it all some thought and have a good look round and read about it all.

Good luck

Comment

Working...
          X