Alcohol free for 48 days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I set a goal to make it to 60 days without a single drop. I am on day 48! I have to say Bac has been truely a miracle. I got up to 150 and now I am pulling down the dose, so far I am at 100mgs. Finally the solomance is pretty much under control. The Bac did exactly what it was supposed to (Curb the insane craving to drink). But for me it came at the price of feeling like a zombie!

So as I am staring down at the light at the end of the tunnel I am faced with a decision. I have told everyone I am detoxing for 60 days. Even the girl I am dating keeps telling me "I cant wait until you can drink again!" I am faced with a situation. Do I think I can actually casually drink again with Baclofen as my crutch? Or will I slide back into 12-18 drinks a night again? For the most part I am happy not drinking now. I feel settled and at peace most days. I do however miss letting my hair down and having some fun with friends. So I ask you..

What do I do at 60 days? Now that the cravings have been severely lessned by Bac will a few drinks reverse all of the amazing progress I have made?

Thanks,
    Helix

P.S. Today is my Birthday and I don't plan to drink. Wierd huh? I think this will be the first birthday since I was like 17 that I didn't get shwasted drunk.

Congrats! I hope you decide to continue it. Read my posts from the Reading section. If you can get the book, that would be great. Your body is one of us that can't drink and can't not drink. The latter part means, you can't just drink one.

I only assume this because if you were drinking that many drinks a night, to me, you seem to be one of us.

You don't want to have to start this all over again, do you?! I see you are relatively new to the sight. Please read other peoples postings. Especially on Why I Won't Drink today.

Happy Birthday!
    I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Helix, if you start drinking be prepared to start all over again in a few months abstaining. Why put yourself in that position? You could have a chat with your girlfriend and explain that you've really felt well while not drinking and you now realize you don't need it to have fun so you are stopping.

It's up to you. Happy Birthday fellow Libra. I'm on the 8th.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Libras...I'm on the 19th...

Helix,
        WAY TO GO on the 48 days! You should be proud of yourself, that is quite an accomplishment. As far as going back to drinking, there has been some debate on whether one can successfully "moderate". If it's possible, I've NEVER seen it. Getting drunk 4 times a week as opposed to 7 is not really moderating, if you ask me (not saying you would do that...). I mean, who of us doesn't wish we could drink normally? Most of us have realized that we can't drink normally, and those that say they can are not being completely honest about it. You're doing so well and feeling great, why go back to the poison? The girl you are dating should understand, and if she doesn't, well...

Anyway, I'm glad to see you. You should come on over to the Newbies Nest...there's lots of support and encouragement there.

K9
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Not that I follow Horiscopes, but do tend to enjoy the astrological signs!

Traditional
          Libra Traits

Diplomaitic and urbane
          Romantic and charming
          Easygoing and sociable
          Idealistic and peaceable

On the dark side....

Indecisive and changeable
          Gullible and easily infuenced
          Flirtatious and self-indulgent
          I will be sober so I can be clear and remember being a mommy and so I can be in the best place God wants to place me. I will be here! now! FREE! 12.5mg Topamax AM&PM, Ativan until safe from withdrawal syndrome & for anxiety. Thank God I Am Done!

Comment

Libra! About Your Sign...

Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac, all the others representing either humans or animals. Many modern astrologers regard it as the most desirable of zodiacal types because it represents the zenith of the year, the high point of the seasons, when the harvest of all the hard work of the spring is reaped. There is a mellowness and sense of relaxation in the air as mankind enjoys the last of the summer sun and the fruits of his toil. Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring.

They have good critical faculty and are able to stand back and look impartially at matters which call for an impartial judgment to be made on them. But they do not tolerate argument from anyone who challenges their opinions, for once they have reached a conclusion, its truth seems to them self-evident; and among their faults is an impatience of criticism and a greed for approval. But their characters are on the whole balanced, diplomatic and even tempered.

Librans are sensitive to the needs of others and have the gift, sometimes to an almost psychic extent, of understanding the emotional needs of their companions and meeting them with their own innate optimism - they are the kind of people of whom it is said, "They always make you feel better for having been with them." They are very social human beings. They loathe cruelty, viciousness and vulgarity and detest conflict between people, so they do their best to cooperate and compromise with everyone around them, and their ideal for their own circle and for society as a whole is unity.

Their cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual, though they are usually too moderate and well balanced to be avant garde in any artistic endeavor. They have good perception and observation and their critical ability, with which they are able to view their own efforts as well as those of others, gives their work integrity.

In their personal relationships they show understanding of the other person's point of view, trying to resolve any differences by compromise, and are often willing to allow claims against themselves to be settled to their own disadvantage rather than spoil a relationship. They like the opposite sex to the extent of promiscuity sometimes, and may indulge in romanticism bordering on sentimentality.

Their marriages, however, stand a good chance of success because they are frequently the union of "true minds". The Libran's continuing kindness toward his or her partner mollifies any hurt the latter may feel if the two have had a tiff. Nor can the Libran's spouse often complain that he or she is not understood, for the Libran is usually the most empathetic of all the zodiacal types and the most ready to tolerate the beloved's failings.

The negative Libran character may show frivolity, flirtatiousness and shallowness. It can be changeable and indecisive, impatient of routine, colorlessly conventional and timid, easygoing to the point of inertia, seldom angry when circumstances demand a show of annoyance at least; and yet Librans can shock everyone around them with sudden storms of rage. Their love of pleasure may lead them into extravagance; Libran men can degenerate into reckless gamblers, and Libran women extravagant, jealous and careless about money sometimes squander their wealth and talents in their overenthusiasm for causes which they espouse. Both sexes can become great gossipers. A characteristic of the type is an insatiable curiosity that tempts them to enquire into every social scandal in their circle.

In their work the description "lazy Libra" which is sometimes given is actually more alliterative than true. Librans can be surprisingly energetic, though it is true that they dislike coarse, dirty work. Although some are modestly content, others are extremely ambitious. With their dislike of extremes they make good diplomats but perhaps poor party politicians, for they are moderate in their opinions and able to see other points of view. They can succeed as administrators, lawyers (they have a strong sense of justice, which cynics might say could handicap them in a legal career), antique dealers, civil servants and bankers, for they are trustworthy in handling other people's money. Some Librans are gifted in fashion designing or in devising new cosmetics; others may find success as artists, composers, critics, writers, interior decorators, welfare workers or valuers, and they have an ability in the management of all sorts of public entertainment. Some work philanthropically for humanity with great self-disciple and significant results. Libran financiers sometimes make good speculators, for they have the optimism and ability to recover from financial crashes.

Possible Health Concerns...

Libra governs the lumbar region, lower back and kidneys. Its subjects must beware of weaknesses in the back, and lumbago, and they are susceptible to troubles in the kidneys and bladder, especially gravel and stone. They need to avoid overindulgence in food and especially drink, for the latter can particularly harm the kidneys.

Sharing
            conviviality
            Gentleness
            DISLIKES
            Violence
            Injustice
            Brutishness
            Being a slave to fashion

PROBLEMS THAT MAY ARISE FOR YOU, AND THEIR SOLUTIONS

As with all sun signs, we all have unique traits to our personalities. When these traits are suppressed, or unrealized, problems will arise. However, with astrology we can examine the problem and assess the proper solution based on the sun sign characteristics. As a Libran you may see things below that really strike home. Try the solution, you most likely will be amazed at the results. If you find yourself on the receiving end of the negatives below, it is because you are failing to express the positive.

Problem: Finding yourself frequently trapped in situations that have no depth and little value to you or the other person.
            Solution: Try not to pretend feelings you do not have and find a way to back gracefully out of a superficial relationship; look before you leap.

Problem: You find that you do not really like yourself and/or beating yourself up over not being able to please another.
            Solution: If you learn how to please yourself without depriving others, then you will be able to please someone else.

Problem: The situations that make you ill at ease is only mildly irritating to another.
            Solution: Try to cultivate inner security through spiritual strength and awareness.

Problem: Feeling like you are nothing: your actions being frustrating to others.
            Solution: Developing your feelings of self worth by expressing the positive in your nature and not letting your elitist, class consciousness show.

Your ruling planet is VENUS

Mean distance from the Sun (AU) 0.723
            Sidereal period of orbit (years) 0.62
            Equatorial radius (km) 6,052
            Polar radius (km) 6,052
            Body rotation period (hours) 5823
            (Retrograde) Tilt of equator to orbit (degrees) 2.12
            Number of observed satellites 0

Some more interesting facts about your sign:

The symbol associated with your sign is the scales of balance
            representing the balance that you continually seek in your self and your life. The scales were also
            adopted by our judicial system to symbolize a balance of fairness in the law which is emphasized by 'blind justice' holding them.

The color of choice for Libra is Blue

Your starstone is the precious Sapphire. The Sapphire is one of the most beautiful and sought after gems in the quartz family. It is considered good luck in many ways and one of the major healing stones.

---------------------------------------------

RE: STARSTONE CONTROVERSY
            There is, and always have been, a controversy over "starstones". Starstones are NOT birthstones. I give you here in these pages the stones that are called your starstones, (planet stones), which viberates the strongest to your planet or sign, NOT to the month that you were born. I would also like it if those who think they know precisely what their stone is to go to the library and reference some good Astrology books such as 'Parkers Astrology'. Sorry for the confusion, but confusion over this topic has raged for hundreds of years

Comment

Congratulations on the 48 days, Helix! I'm very happy for you!

If your goal was 60 days, then I suppose you could drink. Right?

But here's the thing: If you still really want to drink (and it's not just a passing thought) then you aren't indifferent yet. 'Cause if you're indifferent, it doesn't really matter whether or not you drink. You won't feel strongly one way or another about it. Kind of like a mug of tea. (Or whatever. I'm not sure where you are in the world, so I don't know what analogy to use. Iced cold sweet tea? Steaming earl gray? A grande mocha with whipped cream 'cause you don't like tea at all?) Point is this: if you can take it or leave it, then you're free. If you still really, really want it, you're still enslaved. And as the previous posts point out, that can be a slippery slope. Bac is an amazing tool, amazing, but you still gotta get there. You know?

Whatever you decide be prepared for a couple of things: If you think your SEs are bad now...just wait. Booze makes everything worse, even baclofen.
              You might get very drunk on very little, or not drunk at all no matter what. I've experienced both.
              The hangover. The hangover! omg, I will do anything and everything I can to avoid ever feeling that badly again. Bac and booze can mean that you feel like you want to die. Not the normal hangover "I feel like I want to die." It can be much, much worse.

I had two glasses of wine with dinner last night and woke up feeling yucky. Booze just pretty much sucks most of the time. It certainly doesn't do what it used to do! Good, bad or indifferent.

And btw, what's up with your girlfriend wanting you to drink? I can't imagine you're very pleasant when you've got 12-18 in you. And she would risk that again???
              Just sayin'

Comment

Oh, and Happy Birthday! Mine was last week! (Happy birthday to you other peeps too!)

I make it a point to not drink when I celebrate. Or when I'm really angry/stressed. Booze got enough of my good times, and can't have one more. And as I stated previously, booze makes everything worse. (Don't we all know that from many, many lessons learned the hard way!) So no booze when I want to lose my temper/mind or hide from my to-do list!

Comment

First off Happy Birthday, also You can tell Ne isnt English because I would never say tea is something I can either take it of leave it, tea is a necessity of life, without tea, we will all fall over and die. That is what tea means to me, and no not iced tea, or earl grey, proper tea, Yorkshire Tea, Tetley's Tea, PG Tip's thats kind of the, the stuff that our Empire was built on.

OK Enough tea and empire talk, now drink talk. I do think that if you where to drink at 60 days you would probably end up back where you started, not that thats a forever thing, I do differ in opinion from others on here, I am not abstinent now, but, its just too soon. The fact that you dont know shows you are not sure about it, IMHO dont do it, if you do decide to drink can you put a time limit on it, say one weekend then another 30 days AF you could try it that way and see what happens.

You have to find a way thats going to work for you

Comment

Working...
                  X