just started with baclofen, a bit desperate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big happy congratulations to you Joanna- so happy to hear such a blessing came to you (the new house) at such a blessed time (year sober). Good things do happen to us when we're good to ourselves Awesome to hear, thanks for posting!

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1597419 wrote:
      I'm looking for more information about the baclofen study at University of Amsterdam. Here's the link: Grootschalig onderzoek naar medicijn tegen alcoholverslaving - Universiteit van Amsterdam

I translated the first page but I was wondering if you'd mind looking up more info on it. I gather that it's just starting and that it's located in a couple of different places? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.
      Hi there Ne,
      I have looked into it a bit further and there appear to be three clinics involved. The study is financed by a private anonymous donation who hasn't got ties to the pharmaceutical industry and one of the clinics (SolutionS) also help fund the research. The funds are being managed by the Amsterdam University fund (Home - Amsterdams Universiteitsfonds).
      As you would have noted this is dated back to Jan this year (2013) and they are still calling volunteers. There is an email address to apply for further info if one was interested to be a participant.
      I will ask them to send me some info, but due to the time-lapse not sure what the response will be.

Will keep you posted.
      Cheerio

Comment

Indy, thanks for looking into this and posting. One question, how do you see that the private anonymous donation does not have ties to pharma? Not challenging you- just genuinely curious.

Comment

congrats jo,:goodjob:
          it is amazing how our lives change when we become "normies".
          what's up with the amsterdam study? i thought this was started years ago with results coming in 2014? is this still the case? grat.

Comment

@Skull, It is stated on the website, which is the website of the University of Amsterdam (I am Dutch, so I can read it ).

I haven't got the email of yet, as I will need some time to formulate it correctly so I don't get brushed off.
            Will keep you posted.

Comment

MissIndygo;1598289 wrote: (I am Dutch, so I can read it ).
              I really cannot believe I forgot this fact!

I got in touch with Jo (Hi, Jo) and she said she'd reach out, too. Maybe you guys can get in contact so as not to cross wires? Not that it matters. I have some other stuff I found that I just stopped (google) translating because it's a pain...I'll get on that tomorrow.

Cheers, sisters.

Comment

hi all, thanks so much for the anniversary wishes
                in the meantime i've received the keys to the house... whooooo... it's a one in a million chance: spacious, yep Ne, lots of light (sun shines fron front to back), nice atmosphere (30s building style), nice environment (better neighbourhood, quieter, near several parks, 20 minutes walk through parks to my studio that, yep Ne, has lots and lots of light too ). it kinda feels like it's in place with the new me. though i still have to come to terms with the idea of finally having a really good place all for myself (i never really learned to make or grant myself a nice home).

Ne, like i said in the fb-message: i'd be glad to dig into look into the amsterdam trial for you. thing is, i'm rather busy at the moment. past months have been hectic. all good stuff, but a bit too much going on.
                Indygo (hi there!), maybe handy for you to cc me when/if you inform Ne?

haven't been much on the forum over the last months, after some time of not feeling really at ease in posting.
                my heart still goes out to you though!

Comment

Hi joanna_d

I just finished reading through your story from beginning to today's post and I have to thank you for your honesty and perseverance!! I'll be starting my own journey in a few weeks when my baclofen order finally arrives. It sounds as though you are on your way to a new, wonder-filled life - good luck and happy journey.
                  My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

hi jazi, sorry for the late responce (self cousciousness paired with chaos)
                    wow, thanks for your reply!!

and so good for you to start with baclofen yourself. it works. amazing, and true.

take care & keep posting on the forum!!

Comment

Joanna, I have also followed your story and am so impressed. I hope I will have the same results. Good for you!!!

Comment

hi there friend, just keep taking the (god damn) pills and you will.

keep your eye on the goal in every moment, here and now. get acquainted with the idea of being free of booze and craving.
                        try to clearly envision how you will (yes you will) feel when you'll be completely free of all of that shit, and think of how you'd look at yourself then in hindsight: the future you looking at you in the present.
                        what would she (he?) advise you, wish for you, wisper to you in the moments of struggle?

and please, try not to follow my example too much .
                        i wish i'd had have found more room and faith (whatever) to truly envision this, daily. my route would've been less dangerous and hellish than it has been.
                        but still: i got there. that's what counts the most.
                        and it's still hard to wrap my mind around the thorough swicth that's happened.

take care!

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1597419 wrote: Morning/afternoon, Jo!

I'm looking for more information about the baclofen study at University of Amsterdam. Here's the link: Grootschalig onderzoek naar medicijn tegen alcoholverslaving - Universiteit van Amsterdam

I translated the first page but I was wondering if you'd mind looking up more info on it. I gather that it's just starting and that it's located in a couple of different places? Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

I dreamt about your studio or home last night. I hope it's as light-filled and homey as my imagination pictures it.

Here's some additional info:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ml#post1535060
                          Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

joanna_d A Happy New Year to you and all the best for many, many years of happy sobriety!!!! and good luck with your art too in your new studio. You are truly one of the inspirations here because you struggled through such hard times and did your best. #4 of The Four Agreements says it pretty well:

4. Always Do Your Best: 
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

JMum
                            My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

OOOH we have another fan of the Four Agreements in the house! Love them so much. They've been so helpful to me to keep in the forefront of my mind, I refer to them all the time. For anyone curious why Jazi and I refer to them, please check out the book- you'll be glad you did. Very helpful stuff, up there with Eckhart Tolle, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X