Meeting Phill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meeting Phill

I also had my first a sober christmas and new year in 26 years. I even did it baclofen free.
    It took me 8 months treatment with baclofen and I did not call dr Phill and I didn't pay him a penny.

I'm glad that he helped you recover, but I can imagine that some people here may have objections for paying for information and advice that you can get for free.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Meeting Phill

Xadrian;1436115 wrote: I also had my first a sober christmas and new year in 26 years. I even did it baclofen free.
      It took me 8 months treatment with baclofen and I did not call dr Phill and I didn't pay him a penny.

I'm glad that he helped you recover, but I can imagine that some people here may have objections for paying for information and advice that you can get for free.

I don't mind so long as the charges are reasonable and no-one is conned.

I've paid for help with my alcohol problem and also accessed free help and advice. Some of the free stuff was a waste of time as was some of the things I paid for. In the end paying to see the consultant who prescribed Naltrexone was the best thing I
      ever did, but I used free advice on the TSM forum and in Dr Eskapa's book as well as knowledge picked up from treatment/advice I'd paid for plus resuming contact with a private accredited, professional counsellor paid for from my own pocket.

I think the best scheme often works out to be that which you put whatever you can into, which may be financial as well as emotional and mental.
      I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Meeting Phill

Xadrian;1436115 wrote: I also had my first a sober christmas and new year in 26 years. I even did it baclofen free.

That may be so but I expect the vast and overwhelming majority of seriously affected alcoholics and addicts are unable to use a computer, probably don't have internet access, don't know about this site and some may not want to go on a forum talking about themselves.

I know people who would never come here and would benefit from a "cottage" industry of counsellors using baclofen.
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Meeting Phill

Otter;1436782 wrote: That may be so but I expect the vast and overwhelming majority of seriously affected alcoholics and addicts are unable to use a computer, probably don't have internet access, don't know about this site and some may not want to go on a forum talking about themselves.

I know people who would never come here and would benefit from a "cottage" industry of counsellors using baclofen.
          If I could put baclofen in the hands of those who need it, I would. I am just thankful had someone can help these poor souls. I hope they are well rewarded for doing so. Our society pays in dollars for efforts made. A million dollars would not be too much to pay for access to such a life saving med!
          Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Meeting Phill

Don't underestimate this forum. Seriously, apart from one notable example of someone coming here with multiple identities who just happened to have a severe and incurable neurological disorder, why would anyone post about things which were not true?

I had the sobering experience of posting here and then being spoken to by a senior doctor involved in baclofen research and being corrected on what I had said in some posts.
            BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Meeting Phill

Ukblonde;1436758 wrote: I don't mind so long as the charges are reasonable and no-one is conned.

I've paid for help with my alcohol problem and also accessed free help and advice. Some of the free stuff was a waste of time as was some of the things I paid for. In the end paying to see the consultant who prescribed Naltrexone was the best thing I
              ever did, but I used free advice on the TSM forum and in Dr Eskapa's book as well as knowledge picked up from treatment/advice I'd paid for plus resuming contact with a private accredited, professional counsellor paid for from my own pocket.

I think the best scheme often works out to be that which you put whatever you can into, which may be financial as well as emotional and mental.
              Well said

Comment

Working...
              X